LINUX Redhat Administrator, AVP
- Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Salaire : Not Specified
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Core Responsibilities: * Subject matter expertise across all UNIX technical areas including incident, problem, change management, continual service improvement and client satisfaction, as well as playing a key role in ensuring the highest level of operational service * Build and maintain strong operational relationships withCore Responsibilities:
- Subject matter expertise across all UNIX technical areas including incident, problem, change management, continual service improvement and client satisfaction, as well as playing a key role in ensuring the highest level of operational service
- Build and maintain strong operational relationships with our support vendors and 3rdParty suppliers through key governance forums
- Identification of areas within the UNIX infrastructure where action is needed in order to ensure sufficiently high availability and resiliency.
- Operate and develop our systems management, patch and configuration tools to ensure platform security and consistency
- Engage in tools development to streamline and automate existing tasks, reduce team workload, and improve support to internal clients
- Work with BAU Follow the SUN support on Major Incidents and RCA’s
- Based on availability analysis or forecasted requirements, suggest measures aimed at increasing availability.
- Identification of upgrades or changes to ensure continued resilience & availability.
- Maintain a proactive approach to operational and service issues, with a focus on prevention rather than fix to ensure SLA's and service excellence are managed and maintained.
- Work cross-functionally to accomplish overall objectives.
- Technical Skills required: Solaris 8, 10, AIX 6.0, Redhat 5, 6, 7, Veritas Storage Foundation product suite (VXVM, VCS, VVR), NFS, NIS, SAMBA, ORACLE, SAN Connectivity
- Satellite, CDOM, LDOM.
- Performance management of Operating Systems, IO, CPU, RAM.
- Experience with one or more programming and scripting languages: Shell, Perl, Python.
- Understanding of network and application level parameters necessary to facilitate the design and deployment of resilient technology solutions.
- Strong functional knowledge of enterprise networking technologies and services.
- Manage large scale Linux development, deployments and challenges.
- Financial services experience is a plus but not mandatory.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) both internally and with vendors/clients.