Lead, Development - App Development & Support
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The FM Digital Channels team is responsible for cross-product transactional pricing of derivatives within Standard Chartered. The development team is driven to provide world class technology to support the bank's Financial Markets business. We bring a deep understanding of the domain, a scientific approach, and innovative solutions to bear on the challenges of best servicing our customers in a highly competitive environment. This is a rare opportunity to join an organization working with smart technologists globally in the financial markets domain. The culture in the team is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful and career advancement is always waiting for those high-energized talents willing and able to step up.
As a Senior Technical Manager, you'll be responsible for delivering quality software to tight timelines. Based in London and working in a dynamic global team with other technologists, business analysts, project managers and business stakeholders across multiple locations.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Proven track record leading multi-discipline development teams on complex projects
- An excellent track record as a developer with good software design principles and the ability to write robust code and accompanying test suites
- Ability to design and build smart, scalable solutions to tight deadlines
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort
- Take ownership and responsibility for the full development lifecycle
- A team player, capable of engaging with other teams in Technology
- Experience in the end-to-end design, development and support of financial markets systems
- Ability to work and liaise directly with the Front Office, Middle Office, Product Control and various risk functions
- Familiarity or experience in micro-services and container technologies (preferably Docker)
- Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps
- Any experience in distributed data stores a plus
- Many years hands on development with investment banking IT experience
- Core Java (essential)
- Ability to develop latency sensitive systems
- Agile development
- Any experience with NoSql/Spark could be advantageous
- Experience with git and Atlassian toolset
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Proactive, self-starter, autonomous
- Good team spirit
- Ability to mentor others
- Good judgement
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments
We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation. To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Culture Fit Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioral fit to our culture. The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory. After your application you will get the link to the test to your mailbox. Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role.
- Strong architectural and engineering background with experience of delivery.
- Strong Java skills
- Strong knowledge and previous experience in end-to-end design, development and subsequent support of large-scale data processing systems
- Financial Markets domain knowledge in cash and/or derivatives products
- Familiarity and confidence working in an agile development environment.
- Someone who can drive / facilitate the requirements and development effort with the business.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .