Lead Domain Architect
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 20 sept. 18 2018-09-20
Lead Domain Architect
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: GBAM Technology
Our London office has an exciting role available as a Domain Architect which will involve designing and building comprehensive solutions that meet business requirements in support of a given portfolio.
You will have a solid technical and architectural background with deep knowledge of Global Markets. You must be able to participate and lead peer reviews, lead functional / technical delivery and support technical teams through all phases of the software development lifecycle.
You will also be accountable for solution evaluation and selection, buy vs. build decisions, and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Conduct in-depth architectural assessments of key areas within equities and fixed income technology
- Provide architectural support to key initiatives through design, scope, test, etc.
- Help define roadmap and long term strategy by building a collaborative partnership between architecture, product management and development teams
- Influence peers, managers and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity
- Help build and maintain design specifications and standards as well as coach others in adopting them
- Ensure alignment of initiatives against documented strategy; Drive technology strategy across multiple teams ensuring simplification and consolidation where possible
- Produce conceptual and logical architectures to meet strategic business, financial and technology objectives through documentation of strategy, systems, architectures, process flows and value-chains
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science or equivalent engineering degree (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in information technology with financial services experience
- Hands-on development experience
- Skilled in software / systems architecture
- Experience dealing with big data and/or cloud computing
- Excellent written (technical) and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of management
- Ability to work with various groups (business, technology, compliance, legal)
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools
- Ability to stimulate and participate in creative thinking for out-of-the-box solutions
- Solid dedicated leadership capabilities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.