Lead Manager, HR Compliance, Risk and Policy - EMEA & APAC
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. Business Context
T. Rowe Price's (TRP's) global strategic plan requires the organisation to diversify and grow its business outside of the US and the business has ambitious growth targets internationally over the next 5 years. This expansion comes at a time of increasing regulatory, political and legal change in many of the 15 countries where TRP has a presence outside of the US. This role is critical to TRP being able to anticipate these changes and ensure that the appropriate risk mitigation programs are put in place in relation to our people processes, polices and reporting in each of our locations to ensure we maintain regulatory and legal compliance. HR Context
The primary objective of this role is to ensure that T Rowe Price's HR operations, policies and practises internationally remain compliant with the regulatory and legal requirements in each of the countries that TRP has a presence internationally. This will require the successful candidate to have strong technical expertise in the relevant regulations and employment law developments in each region, a strong HR operations background and proven experience of project managing HR regulatory and legal change projects, such as Brexit/ SMCR/Japan and EMEA Working Time.
This is a great opportunity to join the existing International HR team at a time of business growth and diversification. A proactive, pragmatic response to the evolving regulatory and legal environment will be critical to TRP's growth ambition. Responsibilities Compliance and Risk Mitigation program management
HR Specific Compliance, Policy and Risk Mitigation Projects
- Direct oversight of the program for EMEA and APAC.
- Work with Risk, Compliance, Legal, Business Management, Internal Audit and Global Privacy office to support their needs, which may include responding to queries and request for information from TRP clients and local regulators, legal entity operational reviews for our Australian and Luxembourg entities, regulatory reporting - UK Gender Pay Gap Report. Also working with our external auditors - from pulling the data sample size to addressing any findings that require remediation.
- Help to anticipate the changing legal and regulatory requirements that will impact the people, compliance and risk processes within the regions
- Participate as the HR Compliance representative on all the cross functional project teams within this program of work.
Privacy Program Management. (these responsibilities may transition out of this role over time)
- Help to ensure that projects are focused on implementing business enhancements to strengthen HR compliance, governance and risk mitigation in each region.
- This will include developing project plans and charters, organising and facilitating work teams, providing guidance in the development and delivery of work product, ensuring that project timelines and milestones are met and dependencies are considered and helping to problem solve when required.
- Manage the communication of status updates to key stakeholders and where necessary help think through the change and communication plan.
- Use a strong process improvement mindset to identify opportunities to automate and improve existing processes and policies and develop new ones.
- Ensure HR policy keeps up to date with regulatory and legal change - e.g. writing and developing new policies in partnership with our inhouse legal counsel, updating staff handbooks, help to develop Associate benefit policies in response to changing legal requirements e.g. Leave of Absence/maternity/paternity.
People Management responsibility
- This position will lead and oversea the HR privacy program for EMEA and APAC which will include:
- Provide feedback to the Global Privacy Office in the development of policy and standards.
- Lead the regions response to data subject access requests, using judgement to escalate as required to the Privacy Manager.
- Lead the regions response to privacy breaches and incidents
- Support privacy by design program which includes conducting Privacy Impact Assessments for EMEA and APAC and overseeing the remediation of any gaps identified.
Previous Experience and Skill requirements
- For one HR Compliance Analyst - setting clear priorities and objectives and operating as a strong player coach.
- Broad HR lifecycle and operational experience, ideally in an asset management /wealth management business.
- Developed understanding of HR legal and regulatory requirements of an asset management business based in EMEA and APAC.
- Proven experience project managing HR regulatory and legal change projects and participating as the HR representative on cross business project teams.
- Experience of managing the change and communication aspects of a project
- Strong data skills - enjoy analysing and presenting information to help inform decision making. Workday reporting experience required.
- Process improvement mindset.
- Ability to prioritise and focus on the right issues. Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage many competing priorities and stakeholders
- Strong HR consulting skills
- Able to build relationships and collaborate effectively with other HR and Legal, Risk and compliance SME's to deliver pragmatic solutions to problems presented.
- Needs to be able to demonstrate strong judgement and a pragmatic approach to resolving a broad range of potentially complex problems.
- Have experience supervising people.
- Needs to be able to effectively influence stakeholders in HR, the business and in legal and compliance at all levels within the organisation
- Needs to have worked effectively in a global matrix environment.
- Needs to enjoy operating as a team player within the broader regional HR teams and Baltimore based HR organisation and in cross business project teams.
- Needs to be proactive, show initiative and be results driven
- Degree educated - 2:1 - ideally in a HR related degree - be a quick study.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.