Lead Scrum Master
Based in London , reporting to the VP of Engineering , you'll lead a small team of Scrum Masters who work across a number of feature team s . In our Technology organisation, t he work we do is varied, from creating new products and features to improving existing functionality . We strive to improve every day - to be build better team s and a better customer experience. This is real growth at pace. Your responsibilities:
What we are looking for:
- Model the way. You will manage and mentor a small team of Scrum Masters working across different squads in the London office. You'll evaluate developmental needs and identify opportunities for improvements of the Scrum Masters ' skills and knowledge, managing their performance to help them succeed as individuals and as a team.
- Player & Coach. As well as leading the Scrum Masters, you will play a full role working directly with a small number of feature teams.
- Help build the right environment. Fostering a culture where issues can be discussed in an open, transparent, non-judgmental way , enabling issue resolution to become a positive experience.
- Be the voice of reason . You will be a strong facilitator and mediator in Scrum ceremonies and beyond. Getting group s to find the right way forward is key.
- Agil e c oaching . Working closely with Engineering Managers, Product Owners and Scrum Masters, you'll work to evolve and grow the capability and continued adoption of agile principles and working practices to drive high productivity across the tech organisation.
- Data focused . Analyse and present data in a way that helps us drive productivity and reach our goals.
Who we are:
- A gile m aster y . Extensive experience of applying agile practices to deliver fast moving digital products in cross-functional teams .
- A leader and ment or. Experience of managing and mentoring a team of scrum masters with demonstrable experience of driving higher performance.
- Positiv ity . A positive, self-sufficient leader w ith great communication skills and energy.
- Bias for action . You're a self-starter, always looking to solve the challenge . You have the ability to influence at all levels of an organisation to promote better ways of working.
- Growth mindset . A willingness to use your skills and experience to mentor less-experienced Scrum Masters . You'll also show desire to learn from others and make yourself better every day.
We're changing the way people send money abroad. We're taking something complicated and making it simple. Our people and our technology work together to create faster, easier and lower cost money transfers. We send to more than 150 countries around the world and have over 3 million happy customers - a number that's growing every day. After all, 120,000 5 ★ reviews can't be wrong!
We believe in helping our customers' hard work go further. We've helped millions of children to go to school, helped thousands of people to receive medical treatment and, every week, we help tens of thousands of people to pay their bills. But most importantly, we do it all with the creativity, imagination and colourful spirit of our customers.
The work we're doing is making a splash in the fintech industry too. Accel Partners and Technology Crossover Ventures have invested $140 million in us - and as early backers of the likes of Facebook, Spotify and Netflix, we know we're in good company! Not only that, but we're also a member of TechCity UK's prestigious FutureFifty.
Changing the world isn't easy, but we're hoping to find the right people to join us on our way. If you think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems and have the drive to make things happen, you might just be what we're looking for.