Lead Software Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION The Position As part of continued growth, a new opportunity has arisen for a Lead Software Engineer in London. As a member of the Fixed Income Systems Team, this individual will be responsible for solutions delivery for the Fixed Income portfolio management team. This is an ideal opportunity for an IT professional to apply business and/or technical skills to enable investment processes to become more effective. Responsibilities
- Leading the delivery of high quality business solutions.
- Interacting with Fixed Income investment professionals at all levels of the organization in order to proactively identify opportunities for new/improved systems to support investment processes.
- Performing gap analysis between investment processes and existing systems.
- Interfacing and coordinating with the broad Information Technology teams to ensure successful delivery.
- Participating directly in the technical development of investment tools.
- Minimum of five years of relevant design and development experience within the Financial Services industry.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and problem solving skills gained through experience in a relevant financial domain (i.e. business technical understanding of fixed income and/or derivatives securities, foreign exchange, money markets etc.)
- Experience with, and a demonstrated understanding of, modern software development and testing methodologies such as Artifactory, GIT, and Jenkins CI.
- Familiarity with web applications and services using REST, HTML5, CSS, and modern UI frameworks such as Angular and React.
- Intermediate level expertise with SQL and Excel VBA preferred.
- Experience developing application with cloud technologies such as AWS desired.
- Hold an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related subject, with good mathematical acumen.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Be willing and able to work both independently and as part of a team, in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical environment.
- Demonstrate previous ability to deliver high quality solutions.
Lead Software Engineer JOB FAMILY
Software Engineering LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .