Lead Systems Analyst
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 15 juil. 18 2018-07-15
Lead Systems Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$943 billion in assets under management as of 31 March 2016, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions.
At Wellington Management you will continually learn, develop, and expand your skills. As part of an inclusive culture, you will meet smart, progressive individuals who will challenge you to solve problems, anticipate our clients' needs, and enhance our proprietary systems and platforms.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Systems Analyst to join a strong, collaborative team in a role focusing on analysis with leadership and advancement opportunities. The individual will be responsible for requirements, systems analysis, prototyping, testing, and project management.
This position requires a high level of direct interaction with business users and excellent communication and delivery skills. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization.
- Be a part of the team responsible for the implementation and production of analytics and risk statistics across all asset classes (Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, FX, and Derivatives)
- Be a subject matter expert in analytics and risk statistics and interface with users in case of any issues and questions
- Provide daily support to the London users and coordinate the resolution with the broader IT team
- Interact directly with business partners at all levels of the organization to define, analyze and document requirements, as well as set priorities, Act as a champion for the needs of the business partners and a trusted advisor
- Develop a strong partnership with the delivery team to ensure on time, scalable and high quality business solutions
- Provide input into system design to help the programming teams define effort and implementation schedules
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building audit/validation controls
- Act as an escalation point person for support issues that require detailed analysis and management
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
- Minimum 7 years' experience as a systems analyst in the financial services industry
- Practical understanding of financial instruments such as stocks, bonds, swaps, options, futures, forwards, asset backed securities, mortgages, etc..
- Very good knowledge of Fixed Income analytics
- Familiarity with OIS pricing models and related concepts
- Practical understanding of Derivatives (including valuation and risk management approaches)
- Experience dealing with analytics vendors (Yield Book, Point, Bloomberg,…etc)
- Experience with vendor valuation libraries and applications (Numerix, Calypso, FinCad)
- Experience with advanced investment data concepts such as holdings, transactions, security master, analytics, and performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong client relationship skills and proven ability to build consensus. Experience working directly with business partners to understand their needs and deliver solutions that meet those needs.
- Experience writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
- Change agent, creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements
- Self-motivated and willing to work in an energetic, fast paced team environment
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high degree of ownership of outcomes
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL and relational database technology
- Working knowledge of Python will be a big plus
- Working knowledge of Java will be a plus
- Experience supporting critical production applications
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle
- Bachelor's degree is required
- CFA Institute Claritas Certificate, CFA Charter or progress towards one considered an asset
Lead Systems Analyst
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .