Legal - Private Wealth Management Lawyer - London - Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
Private Wealth Management (PWM) is part of the Consumer and Wealth Management Division of Goldman Sachs. PWM provides a comprehensive range of investment services, including discretionary investment management, investment advice, brokerage services and lending, to wealthy individuals, family offices and related structures worldwide, across a diversified range of asset classes, including equities, fixed income, structured products, derivatives, hedge funds and other alternative investments. PWM in EMEA focuses primarily on individuals, families and family offices based in the UK, EU, Russia, Switzerland, the Middle East and Africa, who invest through a wide variety of investment vehicles including corporates, trusts, partnerships, regulated and unregulated funds, in a broad range of jurisdictions. Currently, PWM in EMEA is supported by lawyers in London, Zurich, Frankfurt and Warsaw, all of whom regularly work closely with colleagues in PWM Legal in the US and Asia.
For our London office we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, proactive and robust candidate who is interested in a broad, challenging and rewarding role. The role requires the ability to work independently from day one and to manage a diverse and complex workload meeting tight deadlines. Lawyers in our team work closely with a diverse group of clients across the PWM business and thrive on the pressures of delivering consistently high quality advice to a dynamic and constantly evolving business. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primarily advising PWM product specialists on all aspects of product development, documentation and trading, with a primary focus on derivatives, FX, loans and equity and fixed income securities.
- Primarily advising on the current regulatory regime in the UK and the EU, and other jurisdictions related to the above areas, as well as the analysis and implementation of new regulations.
- Advising Private Wealth Advisors on various aspects of the client relationship, primarily providing support on transaction-specific questions, the margin and risk management process and new products.
- Advising senior PWM Management on a variety of business issues, including new business initiatives, impact of regulation, material transaction-related issues and issues relating to the structure of the business.
- Advising and liaising with PWM compliance professionals on a wide range of issues, such as interpretation of regulations, account activity and surveillance.
- Advising on policy development - introducing new policies in response to new legislation and revising current policies to meet the needs of the business.
- Liaising with other lawyers in the Goldman Sachs Legal Division globally in relation to specific product or other issues, including derivatives, equity capital markets, investment banking and litigation.
- Liaising with outside counsel on a broad range of domestic and cross border jurisdictional issues, including licensing and selling restrictions, and enforceability of collateral arrangements.
We are looking for a lawyer to join our team in London and provide advice to the Private Wealth Management Business and are targeting UK qualified lawyers in the 5-8 years PQE range, although would be willing to consider candidates with a different experience profile. Whilst candidates may not have experience in all of the areas covered within PWM Legal, candidates will need to demonstrate an understanding of certain of the areas described above, in particular, knowledge of derivatives/securities trading including required documentation standards and the applicable regulatory regimes in the UK and/or the EU. Candidates are expected to have relevant post-qualification experience either with a reputable law firm or as in-house counsel. The candidate should have good English language skills and knowledge of another major European language would be a plus. ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.