Legal Counsel (Funds), Global Leading PE Advisory Firm, London, UK
Our client, a global leading private equity advisory firm are currently looking to hire a funds focused Legal Counsel to join their London team. The firm, which supports some of the top private equity and alternative investment funds globally with fundraising and deal support is widely known in the market as being one of the global leaders in the space.
As the Legal Counsel, you will work as part of a well established legal team, reporting into the General Counsel whilst working closely with the wider internal team. You will also have plenty of exposure to the private equity funds, investors and service providers - giving the role a real commercial feel. Your responsibilities will be very broad covering both external / transactions and internal group / corporate legal tasks across a firms global remit.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Lawyer with experience working within corporate or fund law to join an industry-leading organisation where there will be plenty of opportunity to learn, grow and really make an impact. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft, review and negotiate NDAs and engagement letters
- Liaise across deals teams globally in regards to the transaction process and other legal matters
- Review and assist with the preparation of various fundraising and transaction documentation
- Lead on a number of internal legal-based projects
- Coordinate with external counsel or advisors when needed
- Legal research into new laws and regulations across multiple jurisdictions
- Review and negotiate on service agreements
- Implementation of multiple internal policies and procedures
- Qualified Lawyer with experience in the corporate or funds teams
- Knowledge of private equity or the alternative investment industry
- A commercial mindset and confidence to liaise with external senior stakeholders
- A team player with excellent time management skills