Legal Division, Credit Lawyer, Vice President, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB LEGAL
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our Legal professionals the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office. BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
The Alternatives business within Goldman Sachs Asset Management is the primary center for our long term principal investing activity. The group invests in equity, credit and real estate strategies.
Founded in 1986, and formerly known as Merchant Banking, the team has invested across a number of geographies, industries and transaction types. With 24 offices in 15 countries around the world, the group is one of the largest managers of private capital globally, offering deep expertise and long-standing relationships with companies, investors, entrepreneurs and financial intermediaries around the globe. ROLE SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dedicated lawyer for the credit investing business within the Alternatives business in EMEA with strong emphasis on transaction support and execution for debt deals.
- Role will involve working on a wide range of credit transactions from mid-market direct lending activity to large-sized leveraged deals, structured credit investments and opportunistic credit, though coverage may also include restructurings and lending deals across the wider Alternatives business.
- Extensive interaction with investment professionals and colleagues across compliance, tax, financial controllers and operations.
- Advising on transaction structuring, negotiation of deal documentation, diligence, and regulatory and reputational issues.
- Ongoing portfolio management, including amendments, waivers and upsizes.
- Instructing and managing external counsel. SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
- Good team player, dynamic and capable of working proactively on a wide range of issues in a fast-paced environment.
- UK, US or EU qualified.
- 6 to 9-year post qualification experience; previous in-house experience (including on secondment) an advantage.
- Extensive European cross-border transaction experience.
- Acquisition/leveraged finance lawyer with general banking and experience of financing structures across the capital structure is a must. Restructuring experience also helpful. ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity