Legal, Global Investment Research Lawyer, VP, London
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Goldman Sachs International
- 18 janv. 18 2018-01-18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programmes designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training programme, 'Goldman Sachs University' offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS JOB DESCRIPTION
We are recruiting a lawyer to join the Global Investment Research division (GIR) legal team in London which provides support to GIR in the EMEA and Asia Pacific regions, and globally where needed. The position would report directly to the other member of GIR Legal in London.
GIR Legal provides advice and support on a broad range of legal and regulatory matters affecting GIR including:
- regulatory reforms impacting investment research. Current examples include the MiFID II research unbundling requirements and the UK and the Australian regulator's recent reform proposals for research analysts in the context of IPOs;
- issues arising in connection with MiFID II research payment agreements;
- issues arising in connection with investment banking activities (e.g., research restrictions resulting from securities offerings, investor activities related to IPOs);
- issues arising in connection with analyst interactions with sales & trading and external clients (e.g., morning calls and non-deal roadshows);
- general research issues (e.g., policy matters, regulatory reviews of research activities).
GIR Legal works very closely with GIR management, compliance officers supporting GIR, other members of the legal department and other control functions across the firm.
- We are targeting qualified lawyers in the 3-6 years PQE range, although we would be willing to consider candidates with a different experience profile.
- Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate post-qualification experience either with a reputable law firm or as in-house counsel, preferably within a financial institution.
- Candidates who can demonstrate experience and knowledge of investment banking transactions and securities laws are preferred (although other candidates will be considered).
- The role requires a team player with the ability to be provide consistently high quality advice in a dynamic and challenging business environment.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.