A leading private markets asset servicing company is looking to hire a loan agency officer for the London Office. The firm specialises in corporate and management services for private equity, real estate, private credit and infrastructure.
We are currently presenting an exciting opportunity for a loan agency officer to join our growing team. The loan agency team works on client engagements across key European jurisdictions with clients located across multiple European countries
- Act as primary owner of assigned deals and works with other Loan Agency staff to manage and communicate deal information to the borrower and lending group;
- Review and negotiate administrative issues within Credit Agreements. Update the Agency system to reflect attributes of each credit agreement and related governing documents;
- Calculate, invoice and disburse all deal related fees. Responsible for the coordination of funds movement related to initial funding and closing, managing closings for lenders transferring positions by assignment, and working closely with the borrower and lending group;
- Maintain facility commitments and the process loan/facility-related activity; including rollovers, rate settings, conversions, prepayments, assignments, amendments, waivers, etc.;
- Ensure accurate and timely collection and disbursement of interest/principal/fee payments to lenders. Ensure collection of new borrowings from lenders and disbursement to borrower;
- Act as senior liaison between borrowers and lenders; ensure compliance with the terms of the Credit Agreement and other governing documents;
- Maintain expert knowledge of all relevant portfolios and deal related documentation;
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and a client-focused approach that is responsive, proactive, accountable and reliable. Adjust communication appropriately for various levels and parties;
- Demonstrable ability to learn new concepts quickly and independently research and resolve issues;
- Work in a dynamic team environment and participate in strategic initiatives and identifying and implementing best practices and operational efficiencies;
- Use judgment, interpretation and problem-solving to understand loan related information in order to successfully resolve exceptions;
- Excel in a deadline-driven environment, and highly organised with exceptional attention to detail and follow through.
- Some investment management operations experience or bank loan agency/syndication experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or economics or commensurate work experience;
- Ability to independently research and resolve complex problems;
- Ability to collaborate with internal groups and external clients; strong verbal/written communication skills;
- Demonstrated analytic skills, strong working knowledge of fundamental financial/accounting/business concepts and a strong, proactive interest in learning and mastering new concepts;
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience, knowledge or familiarity with Bloomberg, performance systems, and other loan research and analysis tools.