Loan Pricing Evaluator
IHS Markit Loan Pricing provides independent bid-offer pricing, liquidity, performance, and analytic information for the secondary bank loan market. The service uses sophisticated parsing technology and a robust pricing engine to provide loan market investors a reliable contributor-based data set .
IHS Markit's Loan Pricing services are used by financial institutions to help with investment idea generation, mark to market, and risk management. In addition, the service allows clients to track the value of proprietary loan portfolios via its easy-to-use, secure web site or direct feeds to clients' internal systems. Position Summary:
IHS Markit has an opening for a Loan Pricing Associate in our London Office. This opening provides an excellent opportunity for a graduate or a professional with previous market experience, preferably in Bank Loans space. We are looking for a motivated candidate to help support the needs of our European client base, work with other team members around the globe and further develop IHS Markit's Loan Pricing services. The Loan Pricing team provides daily prices on over 6,000 bank loans to over 500 clients.
The analyst team is primarily responsible for moderating and improving the pricing algorithm as well as maintaining reference data, supporting client inquiries, internal and external reporting, and providing product demos to assist in the sales process. There will be requirements to establish working relationships with our buy side and sell side participants to ensure we operate smoothly, as well as a need to liaise with the sales and account management teams internally to provide outstanding ongoing product support. The role also involves the member to be actively involved in projects to improve our products, services, and internal processes. Duties & accountabilities:
- Building strategic relationships with key contributing banks
- Providing exceptional client service by responding to client questions and performing demonstrations of website functionality
- Liaising with dealer trading desks to obtain the most up-to-date and accurate source pricing for leveraged loan instruments
- Assessing the quality of data observed and cleaning data points that do not pass rigorous data quality checks
- Aiding in the preparation of client reports that provide comprehensive, decision useful information to loan market participants
- Generating internal research on our data set to prototype new methodology enhancements or efficiencies
- Working with multiple regions globally on operational processes across time zones
- Managing third party data, including ratings, CUSIPs, news, and referential data
- Managing reference data, including researching loan documentation, researching corporate actions, and entering reference data into the Loan Pricing database
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in ideally Business or STEM disciplines
- 1 to 3 years of experience
- General knowledge of fixed income instruments. Experience with fixed income valuation models is a plus
- A strong interest in pursuing a career in finance
- Experience previously working in a similar analytical environment within finance sector would be a distinct advantage. Knowledge of syndicated loans is a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook). Proficiency in SQL, Python, VBA is a plus
- CFA charter holder or current pursuit of CFA qualification viewed favorably
- The candidate must be a self-starter, able to take on multiple tasks at a time, hardworking, and efficient
- Must demonstrate superior communication skills
- Being a team player is a vital aspect of the position
- It is expected that the candidate will work well individually, as well as in a team environment
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.