Loan Servicing Associate - London
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Goldman Sachs International
- 19 juin 18 2018-06-19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
Are you passionate about using your communication skills to influence discussions with internal business teams and outside clients, as well as, various Federation teams (including house lawyers, compliance, credit, regulatory teams and other Operations areas).
The team needs people who can prioritise and display flexibility; will pay close attention to detail and display a high standard of accuracy and responsiveness; have a positive attitude and will work towards accomplishing the goals of the team.
Our team of critical thinkers partners with groups in all areas of the firm to perform financial analytics, reporting, data analytics and engineering. Our division also provides critical operations design and handles capital markets operations to ensure business flows smoothly across our global offices. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, and risk management.
The team sits within Banking, Investing and Lending Operations and supports various GS business teams with the origination, syndication, and secondary market trading of performing and non-performing loans. While loans are the primary product supported, the business continues to expand into other areas such as structured products, and private equities.
The team works in partnership with various GS business teams to ensure efficient pre-trade due diligence, execution and settlement (the ''closing'' role) of both primary and secondary loans. The team is responsible for helping to maintain the integrity and accuracy of the risk positions taken by the firm and resolving any trade settlement issues that may arise.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The role involves (but is not limited to):
• Monitoring trading systems for new trades and confirming trades with outside clients
• Drafting, reviewing & negotiating transfer documents (including trade confirms & transfer certificates)
• Liaising with Legal, Compliance, Credit, Trading Desks, Agency and Servicing teams to ensure necessary approvals are obtained, pricing/cashflows are agreed, reconciled and settled within our system
The role provides a high level of interaction with trading, sales and outside clients, as well as exposure to in-house lawyers, compliance, credit, regulatory teams and other Operations areas covering the trading desk
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
• Ability to learn quickly in a fast-moving environment
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to keep track of a large workload
• Strong control mind set, to enhance the existing infrastructure to support increases in business
• Team oriented approach - ability to work across functions outside of Operations
• Strong organisational skills and flexibility, with the ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities throughout the day
• Excellent interpersonal skills and self-confidence, including the ability to deal with demanding business requirements, protecting the interests and reputation of GS whilst maintaining a commercial outlook
• Professional approach and ability to communicate well directly with external parties
• Knowledge of Bank Loans
• Knowledge and previous experience of loan closing
• Experience of navigating Loan Credit Agreements highly advantageous but not essential
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.