London Equities Valuation Model Controller - Associate
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 sept. 17
See job description for details
London Equities Valuation Model Controller – Associate - (3085694)
Job Level: Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to
Firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment
community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
The Morgan Stanley Valuation Review Group, as part of the firm's Finance organization, provides an independent valuation control service across the entire spectrum of financial instruments within the firm's sales and trading inventory. Products range from plain-vanilla to the most complex structured derivative transactions, secured financing transactions, CVA/DVA/FVA. The team leverages its diverse quantitative skill set and product expertise to act as a guardian and approver of valuation methodology. The group's key clients are senior trading management and senior Finance management. The Model Control team within VRG certifies that the Position Valuation and Risk Models (PVRMs), developed by strategists and used to value positions, are compliant with Firm model control standards and appropriate to value products for the Firm's books and records.
- Independently review and assess the complex mathematical models used for valuations of exotic derivatives and other financial instruments.
- Assess the valuation methodologies, testing of valuation tools, identification and resolution of valuation discrepancies, and communicating assessments to senior management and challenging model developers.
- Interface with key/senior stakeholders (both on finance and business side), governing bodies and business partners to discuss the status of the validation work, results of test work and reporting.
- Knowledge of financial markets and derivatives
- Strong inter-personal skills in order to interact confidently with Business Unit, Trading Strategists, Finance senior management, and the Market Risk Department
- Ability to challenge the valuation methodologies proposed by the Business Unit quantitative strategists
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- The ideal candidate will have experience with proficiency in the theory and application of derivatives modelling.
- Strong academics required with preference for an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline: e.g. financial engineering, statistics, mathematics, physics, or engineering
The salary of this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 27/09/2017
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.