Low-Latency C++ Developer
up to £150k + bonus Summary
Not your standard financial services provider, this firm prides itself on its flat hierarchy, avoiding bureaucracy whilst rewarding people on merit and excellence. Specialists within electronic market-making in FX, equity, fixed income and commodity markets, they have one of the best names in the industry.
Based in London/Sydney/Amsterdam, they are looking to expand their low-latency team with a developer well-versed in modern C++ (C++11 onwards). They design, build and maintain the entire software stack and everything they build is used in-house, trading over 175 billion dollars worth of assets every day. Requirements
- Strong knowledge of C++11 onwards (they have a completely post-2011 codebase)
- Sound understanding of what happens inside a computer when your code is running, e.g. caching, paging & system calls, how these work and why. (Knowledge of execution pipeline in a modern CPU is a bonus.)
- Good proficiency in mathematics, especially being comfortable with calculus and matrices (as much of the work involves designing and implementing numerical algorithms)
- Familiarity with common algorithms and data structures and their performance trade-offs
- Practical experience designing and implementing complex software systems is a plus.
- Experience with Linux and/or Python is a plus, but by no means a necessity.
- Financial experience is not required
- Significant compensation package - you are making a direct impact on the PnL
- Collaborative and friendly environment with highly engaged colleagues
- Culture of trust, innovation and scientific rigour
If this sounds like you, or you would like to know more, please get in touch. Andy Stirling-Martin