Working directly for an Associate/Vice President on a project by project basis across all sectors to support Directors and Managing Directors in the Investment Banking team in the origination and execution of Corporate Advisory transactions.
- Undertaking valuations of businesses using a variety of methodologies, including relative valuation techniques, leverage buyout models and discounted cash flow analyses, and presenting and discussing the results with the project team, clients and prospective clients;
- Undertaking detailed financial modelling and analysis including valuation and assessing the financial impact of transactions;
- Analysing industry and sector trends, commercial analysis of individual businesses and case studies of transactions;
- Drafting and reviewing marketing materials and other documentation including pitches, teasers, information memorandums, management presentations, strategic review papers, valuation papers and admission / prospectus documents to specified deadlines;
- Collating comments from the project team, clients and other advisers on materials produced and working with the Analyst to produce revised materials;
- Involved in transaction process management, supporting Associates / Vice Presidents to ensure parties keep to deadlines, and that legal, accounting and other process issues are anticipated and addressed; expected to attend most meetings, and to work directly with the client’s Finance Director and other senior management.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- At least 18 months experience in M&A from a reputable Investment Bank/Boutique.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent with a minimum 2:1 grade.
- Completion of CISI Level 3 Certification in Corporate Finance would be advantageous.
- Strong valuation and financial modelling skills required.
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills.
- Highly numerate.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally.
- Highly organised and reliable, self-starter, motivated and ambitious.
- Team player capable of fitting in with the culture.