As a Barclays Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Tax Advisor, you will be part of the Barclays Global Tax Function. Your team is responsible for tax advisory work in relation to significant acquisitions and disposals made by the Barclays group in addition to corporate restructuring and reorganisations. As the M&A Tax Advisor, you will be working on all aspects of M&A transactions from early stage/structuring, through approvals, negotiation, documentation and execution.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring the tax treatment of Barclays M&A activity is understood and that the tax impact is quantified, communicated appropriately and reported accurately
- Ensuring the Barclays Principal Investments (BPI) and the Barclays Corporate Development (BCD) teams have excellent tax support at all stages of a transaction
- Applying a strong commercial lens to the tax support that is provided to the BPI team and BCD team and ensuring technical tax advice is provided in that context
- Dealing with external advisers and coordinating tax input, often across multiple jurisdictions
- Ensuring any relevant approvals processes are complied with from a tax perspective
What we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent)
- Qualified ACA / CTA (or local country equivalent) or Solicitor
- Good corporate UK tax technical knowledge and a good understanding of tax issues relevant to the banking industry
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) coupled with the ability to articulate complex tax issues to both tax and non-tax specialists
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Excellent stakeholder management and a proactive approach, with an ability to take responsibility for assigned work, managing the process and stakeholders through to completion
- Ability to collaborate with others and build relationships with a range of stakeholders
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.