Description CITI MSBF Specialist Competitive Salary Offered
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Private Client Product Mgmt
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19007750
A Margin Securities Backed Finance ("MSBF") Specialist works within the Investment Finance business with "indirect" client coverage responsibility. In this capacity the IF Specialist works alongside the IF Transactor with primary responsibility to perform the analysis and deal structuring for the credit approval as well as deal execution and closing An MSBF Specialist is expected to have intermediate knowledge about the workings and the risks associated with of various investment products e.g Public Equities, Fixed Income, Hedge Funds and basic understanding of derivatives and optionality. An MSBF Specialist is expected to actively pursue the required career development and training in order to achieve the status of Business Credit Officer. Key Responsibilities:
• Liaise with bankers and investment counsellors and participate in client calls and meetings to perform due diligence for underwriting of MSBF and derivative transactions.
• Working within a team dedicated to the origination and underwriting of MSBF loan facilities and derivative transactions, but there will also be exposure to the entire Investment Finance product range, as required.
• In partnership with IF Transactor, assist with the structuring and execution of MSBF, meeting Risk Acceptance Criteria
• Full credit underwriting and financial analysis with appropriate risk return characteristics, ensuring appropriate compliance with Credit Policy and Risk Acceptance standards.
• Preparation of Credit Applications ensuring accuracy and completeness of data in bank systems.
• Collateral Evaluation - Marketable Securities and other asset classes. As an example, this will include concentrated equity analysis to address volatility, liquidity and jump to default concepts.
• Preparation of EDAC and Greenlight memorandums.
• Preparing, negotiating and closing of facility documentation and Letters of Credit (where applicable) including liaison with CPB internal and external legal counsel. Review of obligor compliance with facility covenants.
• Portfolio management including CA annual reviews, waivers and extensions, documentation reviews in line with CPB Credit Policies.
• Problem Recognition, including credit classification and review of risk ratings, working in conjunction with CPB SARG (Special Assets Restructuring Group).
• General ongoing credit and documentation related administration. Development Value:
• Exposure to all areas of the CPB and Global Wealth Management business across Europe with the opportunity to develop within these areas. Person Specification Qualifications
• Undergraduate degree
• Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience
• Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients
• Successful team worker with ability to work individually
• Ability to work under stress in possibly volatile market conditions
• Possess high level of professionalism and strong personal integrity
• High level of competence in Bloomberg, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Possesses a broad base of execution skills
• Knowledge of financial markets, investments, banking and loan products
• Financial and cash flow modelling
• Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication (written and verbal)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Demonstrates initiative with an interactive approach to problem solving
• Team player
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Closing Date: 24 May 2019