My client is a renowned systematic hedge fund which leverages expertise in quantitative finance to develop signals and generate PnL.
They had previously spun out from a prop trading desk and are now trading across all asset classes with a strong presence across London, New York, Paris, Singapore and recently Hong Kong.
Having performed very well over the past few years they are currently expanding their business to incorporate more of a machine learning focus. They are now on the lookout for experienced researchers, from both academia and industry with strong proficiency using TensorFlow, Pytorch, Pandas or Numpy. Current candidates who are progressing have been able to demonstrate strength with Python and some experience with C++ or C#.
Overview of Position:
- Develop machine learning models for pattern recognition and prediction.
- Leverage strong technical skills and financial intuition to extract data and produce signals.
- Optimize and backtest signals before converting into live trading strategies.
- Implementing strategies into portfolio while maintaining current strategies.
- Quantitative background - includes degrees in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Financial Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science and Physics.
- Ideal candidates will hold a PhD or a Masters degree in one of the fields mentioned.
- Programming proficiency with at least one major programming or scripting language (e.g. C++, Java, Python) and strong experience with machine learning methods and techniques.