Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineer
Global Tech Giant - Malware Analysis
My client, a global tech giant is looking to recruit a Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineer within its Security and Privacy Device Exploits team. This team works to improve detection of exploits used against the company's devices to harm users. They design and develop automated dynamic and static analysis systems, as well as performing investigations into exploiting malware, and collaborating with other security teams internally Day to day responsibilities include:
Provide reverse engineering support to the ASAP Device Exploits team, specifically:
- Analyse exploit samples provided and identify the exploit.
- Provide links to public documentation and proof-of-concept if these can be found.
- Provide either an IDA Pro or Ghidra datafile/project archive containing comments/annotations in the disassembly identifying the main exploit components.
- Write a short description of variants, if different to existing known variants or not known at all.
- If the variant is not detected by existing signatures, document why not and identify new features that could be used to improve coverage etc
- BA/MA degree or equivalent.
- Multiple years relevant industry experience is essential for this role
- ARM/Aarch64 assembler.
- Reverse engineering (IDA Pro / Ghidra).
- Malware/exploit analysis (Android / Linux kernel).
This is a great opportunity to join a fantastic company in a high impact role. For more information, please do not hesitate to apply to this advert
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.