A market leading Insurance firm, based in The City of London, requires a Management Accountant to join their rapidly growing business.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join a well-respected, ambitious business - The main purposes of the Management Accountant role are contributing to the key FP&A activities such as, Forecasting and Planning, Internal Reporting and Financial Reserving.
Key responsibilities for this Management Accountant role will be to:
- Liaise with assigned sub-segment and Finance to capture data for annual corporate budgeting and SBF exercises and reforecasts for all International entities as required.
- Produce and review budget assumption files prior to start of budgeting process
- Assist with the preparation of the Syndicate Business Forecast
- Ensure that monthly, quarterly and yearly internal reports are produced, reviewed and distributed in compliance with the required deadlines
- Conduct premium, commission and reserve reviews (pre and post close), to identify key movements, understand variances and make recommendations for adjustments if required
- Ensure that financial MI adequately supports the reserving process
- Carry out accurate analysis of key business drivers and parameters that impact current and future profit and revenue growth.
- Responsible for operating, monitoring and reporting the status of controls
The successful candidate for this Management Accountant position will need to have insurance accounting experience ideally over 3 years. The successful candidate for this Management Accountant will also have be either part or qualified accountant(ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and have experience working within a management accounting role or financial planning and analysis.