Manager - Middle East E&P
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- IHS Markit
- 18 sept. 18 2018-09-18
Manager - Middle East E&P
An exciting opportunity to lead and manage a team of dedicated and talented analysts to maintain, grow and enhance the Middle East Upstream content in IHS Markit's flagship Vantage Asset Valuation product.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Manage a small team of analysts responsible for upstream asset evaluation across countries in the Middle East. Key responsibilities will comprise maintaining, enhancing and growing content. The ability to use critical judgment supported by a technical background and/or industry experience to evaluate field development activities, production performance of upstream assets will be paramount to succeed in this role.
Other areas of responsibility comprise:
- Ensure data validity, consistency and alignment with internal and external benchmarks where possible through the application of rigorous quality control and assurance processes.
- Effectively prioritize competing requests for limited resources to deliver content, respond to stakeholders and support commercial activities.
- Provide direct support to sales and commercial teams as required. Visit clients and prospects and provide confidence in the analysis and underpinning methodologies
- Conduct team performance check-ins and contribute to compensation, retention and colleague development discussions
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Detailed knowledge of the key components of upstream asset modelling and valuation. Specific experience of research gathering, reserve estimation, production forecasting, field development planning, cost estimation are all requirements for the role. An understanding of the petroleum fiscal regimes and commodity pricing are highly beneficial.
- Highly analytical and quantitative - ability to critically review inputs, calculations and outputs. Comfortable working with large datasets
- Strong client-facing skills, with an ability to build confidence
- Demonstrated managerial experience and proven track record in successfully developing teams of junior colleagues
- Strong quantitative skills. Advanced MS Excel a must and MS Access, VBA coding an advantage
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Arabic would be advantageous.
Education and Background
- 5+ years' experience gained in the upstream business - with an operator, partner or research / consulting organization
- Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Engineering, Geology. Familiarity with basic economic concepts relevant for DCF valuation a key advantage.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.