Manager - Regulatory Policy and Reporting
- GBP70000 - GBP75000 per annum + Benefits and bonus
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Cameron Kennedy
- 14 juin 18 2018-06-14
Growing London operation of international banking group with global assets $20billion is looking for a qualified accountant to work in a wide ranging role managing the regulatory reporting and policy area. This is a wide ranging and interesting role rather than a narrow regulatory reporting role working within a small finance team.
Manager - Regulatory Policy and Reporting
£70000 - £75000 + Bonus + Benefits
Growing London operation of international banking group with global assets $20billion. The business comprises FX/MM, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities. No equity trading is undertaken.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Manager, Regulatory Reporting will have responsibility to maintain an accurate and timely regulatory reporting function and analysing the detailed compliance requirements as necessary. You will in charge of the regulatory policy in the area and keeping the regulatory technical manual updated for all prudential regulatory reporting. You will ensure that all controls and checklists with regard to sign off are adhered too. You will also be one of main players in the implementation and design of a new regulatory solution for prudential regulatory reporting. Another responsibility will be to assist the Bank in providing the supporting financial information to support the relevant aspects of liquidity and capital risk management.
- You will assume complete responsibility for preparing regulatory reports/returns on an accurate and timely basis. This includes:
- Analysing and interpreting data from source banking and derivative systems for inclusion in the bank's regulatory submissions. The banks regulatory submissions cover the standard range of commercial banking products but also include more complex products such as Interest rate swaps, Cross currency interest rate swaps, Forward foreign exchange, Asset backed securities, Repos.
- Make decisions on classification of investment products.
- Where necessary making adjustments for error, omissions and reclassifications.
- Ensuring that reports are completed in line with UK Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (UK GAAP) as adjusted for IFRS and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Ensuring that reports are prepared on a consistent, reliable and timely basis.
- Where relevant ensuring that detailed explanations for significant movements are provided.
- Ensuring that where appropriate key control totals are reconciled
- Effective inclusion of any changes in accounting treatment of major items in conjunction with Group Finance and local accounting requirements.
- Effective inclusion of any changes emanating from regulatory environment through rigorous and controlled system parameter maintenance.
- Submission of Gabriel reports to the FCA and queries concerning them as well as Maintaining parameters on local systems for submission to Group Finance and the relelevant banking regulator.
- To maintain daily monitoring of regulatory compliance, (large exposures, liquidity and capital adequacy) using the external vendors system supplemented by manual procedures as necessary. This includes the following reporting to senior management the metrics covering large exposure reporting, inter-group lending limits, liquidity and capital adequacy and reporting any significant compliance/risk/control issues to management.
- Discussing directly with business heads any significant balance sheet changes and assess impact on regulatory returns
- To maintain quality control over the reporting base, including that of Paris branch. This includes:
- Providing support to the FC/CFO such as providing support on all technical regulatory and risk management issues including regulatory reporting framework and technical knowledge of regulatory products and rules and be proactive in this regard
- Monitor developments on the Financial Conduct Authority's website and track key changes in GENPRU / BIPRU and CRR requirements.
- Work closely with Bank's compliance officer and incorporate any necessary compliance changes when required.
- Providing support to the FC/CFO/CRO on risk management issues relating to the bank's capital and liquidity positions including providing reliable metrics for bank's stress testing model on both liquidity and capital input into ILAAP and ICAAP and provide technical updates to relevant policies and procedures.
- To assist on key finance projects such as involvement in MIS project, regulatory automation project and through implementation of Group reporting software.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria
- Strong knowledge of commercial banking products including treasury products and at least 5 years of banking experience.
- Strong accounting knowledge including UK GAAP and IFRS
- Working knowledge of IFRS 9.
- Extensive knowledge of Basel/CRD IV rules and implementation protocols for UK regulations
- Knowledge of the new regulations and returns relevant to credit institutions (eg PRA 110, CRD V, new liquidity pillar 2 requirements etc)
- Advanced skills on Industry specific bank reporting software and Microsoft Excel.
- Graduate qualifications and/or recognized accounting/banking qualification: minimum qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA/ACIB is a must, Qualification by experience will be considered