- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 03 janv. 18 2018-01-03
The Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME) is seeking a full-time Manager to work on its Brexit workstreams. AFME represents the leading global and European banks and other significant capital market players. Brexit raises very significant challenges for AFME’s members and is a key priority. As a pan-European trade association, AFME has been closely involved in the Brexit process, advocating on behalf of the industry to highlight the implications for banks and wholesale markets and supporting members with legal, regulatory and operational issues that they are facing.
AFME’s Brexit work is guided by the AFME board and senior Brexit Steering Committee. Priority issues we are currently addressing include transitional arrangements, contractual continuity, “cliff edge risks” and regulatory implications of Brexit in the EU and UK.
We are recruiting a Manager to support the Managing Director, Brexit in leading and coordinating AFME’s Brexit work programme. This will include:
- Running Brexit workstreams;
- Engaging with policymakers, regulators, and other stakeholders;
- Drafting position papers, briefing papers and other materials; and
- Monitoring developments, identifying key issues for AFME members and developing potential solutions.
The work is varied, intellectually challenging and would suit candidates with a background in financial services regulation and/or policy from government, financial institutions, regulators or professional services firms. The position offers a unique opportunity to work at the centre of industry engagement across some of the most challenging policy and regulatory issues. AFME provides stimulating work, a collaborative environment and a good work life balance.
Key activities / Decision areas
- Identifying and addressing key issues for AFME members
- Drafting papers and materials to highlight AFME positions
- Analysing developments
- Briefing AFME’s senior management and the AFME board
Engaging with colleagues, member firms, regulators and other stakeholders
- Engaging with stakeholders including governments, European institutions, regulators and other associations to highlight AFME positions
- Coordinating work within AFME’s various committees, liaising with advocacy and other colleagues
- Working with senior colleagues, including the CEO
- Running key workstreams
- Organising meetings, conferences and events
- Managing AFME’s weekly internal Brexit meetings
- A broad understanding of Brexit and its impact on the financial sector and the broader regulatory environment
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Well organised with the ability to synthesise large volumes of information and identify key issues
- Knowledge and relevant experience of financial services regulation and policy
- Keen interest in the development of policy and financial regulation
- Strong project management and team working skills
- Strong academic background
- Good interpersonal skills and confidence to liaise and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience of legal issues and/or policy development within the official sector, a law firm, financial institution, trade association or other professional services firm
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders, building consensus and influencing others
- Understanding of EU law and the legislative process
- Second European language
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com. A full job description can be found in the AFME website.