Manager, Finance Operations & Support, Risk Advisory, UK-wide
An opportunity exists for an Assistant Manager/Manager to join our Finance Operations & Support team.
You will provide support to our clients, helping the Finance functions deliver more. Using our expert skills and proven methodologies, you will diagnose the root causes, and assist in the resolution, of issues facing Finance functions.
A high performing Finance function needs to take a much wider role in the business in order to be effective in today's climate. Not only do Finance functions have to perform the traditional roles encompassing control and reporting, now Finance must perform these functions in an efficient way that 'frees up' senior time to help to shape overall strategy and direction of the business, and instil a financial approach and mind set throughout the organization to help other parts of the business perform better.
As part of the FO&S team you will be part of this exciting finance innovation
We deliver pragmatic, bespoke solutions focused on the CFO Agenda in our chosen markets.
Our focus industries are:
- Public Sector
- Energy and Resources
- Consumer Business
We are looking for candidates with a strong finance background who can demonstrate a mix of operational finance, project management, project based transformation and/or change management experience and skills.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
Responsibilities will include:
Your work, your choice
- Project planning and management to support the Finance Operations & Services Team's project based work.
- Support and mentor more junior members of the team in order to deliver the objectives of projects and to develop the skills of junior members.
- Supporting the team in producing proposals for future projects.
- Business development such as networking both internally across Deloitte's service lines, and also externally with current and potential future clients.
- Supporting the team in producing internal management information.
- Regularly attending internal industry events and training sessions.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: UK wide
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must:
Your service line: Risk Advisory
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent experience
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CIPFA qualified or equivalent
- The ability to present client data in a clear and concise format;
- A passion for delivering high quality complex projects including effective planning, project, financial and people management;
- Excellent networking and influencing skills
- The ability to travel to client sites as required by this position
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience of working in an audit or finance advisory capacity is preferable however for the right candidate, experience of working as a finance business partner or in a line role will be considered
We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL WPPART SLRSKA CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 173799