Manager, Fund Acctng
The Global Fund Services business is one of the fastest growing areas in Northern Trust, offering a comprehensive suite of fund products and services to Asset Managers worldwide.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Manage a team in providing timely end to end NAV production & additional fund accounting services to Northern Trust Clients
• Direct Management of Team Leaders/Section Managers to ensure daily, weekly & monthly deadlines are met
• Guides team members in the resolution of difficult client reporting/accounting problems that are not routine in nature
• Provides leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment that encourages employee participation, teamwork and communication
• Maintain working relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure client account activity is meeting the service level agreements.
• Determine staffing needs, including budgets, headcount management and ensuring resources are available to accomplish the operations team's tasks.
• Analyses records of client accounting reports identifying deficiencies in control procedures, duplication of operations or lack of compliance with established bank policies and industry regulations.
• Participates in client meetings as a Fund Accounting Subject Matter Expert (SME)
• Consults on effective ways to meet client needs or appropriate methods to be used for resolution of an error.
• Represents Fund Accounting Management Team within the wider organisation on enterprise projects and initiatives. Skills:
• Substantial demonstrable Fund Accounting background within an asset management company, custodian bank / third party administrator.
• Deep understanding and experience of establishing best practices throughout operations.
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements and control processes for the investment management and investment administration industry.
• Strong developed management leadership skills and competencies, including experience of virtual team building and management.
• A record of leading large teams including remotely to deliver both business as usual work to a high standard as well as key developments and improvements.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills - ability to interact across levels and functions.
• Multi product knowledge, to include UT's OEICs, ACS, IT, AIF's, TTFs (advantageous)
• Challenging, Innovating & Improving - Continuously learns from experience and thinks creatively to improve ways of working. Shares knowledge and experience with others. Challenges openly and objectively with valid motivation.
• Delivering Results - Strives to continuously provide high quality service, output and products to clients and/or partners. Manages time, plans and organises work tasks, monitors progress and meets deadlines. Able to manage multiple priorities and takes personal responsibility to achieve.
• Client Service mind set, with the ability to analyse and assess the necessary from the 'nice to have', Communicating, Influencing & Impact - Communicates with real impact in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear. Confidently conveys messages in a credible and persuasive manner. Gains agreement by negotiating a position to the benefit of all parties. Qualifications
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Ability to provide leadership and guidance to individuals within a NAV production team
• Ability to participate and consult in client meetings; as a Fund Accounting SME providing technical solutions.
• Ability to delegate tasks and accountability of delivery of tasks
• Ability to manage a deadline driven team; meet client service level agreements as well as department objectives.
• Proven ability to improve performance of operational teams.
• Ability to communicate & participate effectively in enterprise wide projects or initiatives About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.