Manager, Lending & CAM Product Risk
Friday 27 September 2019 Salary Range
£0 - £0
\n We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
Our Commercial Banking (CB) division supports over 100,000 clients across a wide range of business sectors through the provision of core banking products, such as lending, deposits and transaction banking services, as well as an extensive financial markets presence.
We have an exciting new opportunity for you as a Manager to join our Lending & Client Asset Management (CAM) Product Risk Team.. The role of the team is:
- To work in partnership with the businesses to ensure end to end risk is handled within a defined risk appetite.
- To ensure the process or risk controls are designed and executed effectively to manage operational risk through the application of key controls.
- The Product Risk Managers are a key interface into the business as well as the supporting functions such as Operations, providing support to the desk heads and their teams to make sure our end-to-end risk & control framework is effective.
- Performing the key secretariat functions for key committee activity within the Business Unit such as Risk Committees and Product Operating Committees
- Ability to assess product risks and ensure appropriate governance is adhered to
- Ensuring the quality, consistency and timeliness of approval documentation and associated databases are maintained with appropriate record keeping requirements
- To implement and maintain adherence to operational risk, compliance and financial crime policies, standards and methodologies; develop detailed procedures and controls which are appropriate to the business to facilitate management and measurement of risks;
- Support in developing and implementing detailed risk and control assessments (RCAs) to cover the underlying desks as per the LBG operational risk framework.
- Use RCAs and other inputs to support the Control Effectiveness Review (CER) in line with Group requirements.
- Assist Lending & CAM in their compliance with policies, procedures and guidelines together with all meaningful regulatory and statutory requirements where appropriate, implementing actions to protect the Group's business at all times.
- Support in the completion of risk event forms and perform root cause analysis of operational failures, issues or events and recommend actions to ensure effective controls are in place.
- Own and deliver timely reporting to partners on the efficiency of controls and compliance with LBG policies and standards; including the risk committees/forums
- To deliver and maintain effective data quality, including verification of completeness and accuracy of risk management information
- To manage the risk infrastructure by maintenance of records, production of MI, op risk events & losses.
- Help drive the people and culture agenda.
- Be a role model for demonstrably living the LBG values & behaviours.
Key Capabilities, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
What can we offer you in return?
- Comprehensive knowledge, ideally 5+ years experience working in a Lending focused environment (including transaction execution and / or delivery)
- Experience of interacting with a number of senior partners and the ability to influence and successfully challenge management to achieve an effective control framework.
- Experience in preparing presentation material.
- Evidenced written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Financial Regulations.
- Experience of operating in a fast paced environment.
- Understanding of the Risk Management Frameworks, operational risk and front-to-back risks and controls
- Strong Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel skills.
As well as a competitive base salary (£62,298 - £72,680 dependent on experience) you'll also receive a package that includes:
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution (up to 13%)
- Private health cover
- Access to share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Apply today, we'd love to hear from you. Together we make it possible. At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.