Manager, Risk Advisory, Technology Risk & Controls, Financial Services
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 13 nov. 17 2017-11-13
As technology becomes more important across society, the work we do is undergoing greater levels of interest and scrutiny. You will be given the opportunity to engage with a broad set of individuals continually adapting, learning and developing as you work with various teams to understand and provide assurance over cutting edge technology environments. You will have responsibility for a portfolio of clients, with real autonomy allowing the development of leadership and management skills with real opportunity to progress and drive your career.
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
As technology becomes more important across society, the work we do is undergoing greater levels of interest and scrutiny. You will be given the opportunity to engage with a broad set of individuals continually adapting, learning and developing as you work with various teams to understand and provide assurance over cutting edge technology environments.
You will have responsibility for a portfolio of clients, with real autonomy allowing the development of leadership and management skills with real opportunity to progress and drive your career.
Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organisations on the effective management of risk, allowing them to make intelligent risk decisions over business processes, technology and operations. Our Technology, Risk & Control team is expanding as we help financial services institutions to respond to new risks – and take advantage of new opportunities – presented by technological change.
Managing risk and establishing effective controls are at the heart of both good governance and competitive advantage. Our team of 150 UK professionals offers unrivalled depth of experience in providing governance, risk, control and assurance solutions to our clients in the financial services sector. We design, implement and assure business process and technology controls to manage the risks our clients face on a day-to-day basis.
Our principle areas of work in Technology, Risk & Controls are:
- Technology risk management
- Project and programme risk management and assurance
- IT internal audit
- Controls advisory and assurance
- Automation risk
- Service auditor reporting
- Digital risk
We are looking for a Manager to join this dynamic and fast-growing team. Successful candidates will work closely with our high-profile clients across the retail banking, capital markets, insurance and investment management sectors.
- Delivering client engagements ranging from high-value advisory work through to large-scale execution of risk and control programmes, including managing delivery teams.
- Managing all aspects of the engagement lifecycle, from engagement take-on through to conclusion.
- Building your expertise in the financial services industry sector to develop genuine insight for our clients, and sharing this knowledge with the wider team.
- Contributing to the development of innovative products and services that respond to market developments and the changing risk landscape.
- Helping to develop new business with our existing clients and building relationships with new clients.
- Playing an active role in the management of our practice, including team development, performance management, training and recruitment.
- Supporting Deloitte’s commitment to creating a culture of respect and inclusion for all of our people.
- Strong financial services industry experience, be it working in practice or in industry, and typically in the field of risk and control in any of the three lines of defence.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of developing more junior staff, mentoring team members, and working effectively in diverse team environment.
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, question the status quo and deliver effectively against challenging objectives.
- Experience of independently managing projects, budgets and teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Business development and sales experience is welcomed but not a necessity.
You are here: Risk Advisory
In a constantly evolving, complex risk environment, our market leading Risk Advisory professionals are trusted by organisations across the globe to support them in understanding, evaluating and mitigating risk.
Our clients demand industry experts who understand their challenges intimately and with whom they can build trusted relationships. They choose us because we provide bespoke solutions that deliver the power of Deloitte, bringing together: people they respect and enjoy working with; innovative technology; and an approach that allows them to make informed and intelligent risk decisions.
Our expertise spans all areas and sectors including technology risk, governance, internal audit, regulatory compliance, risk analytics, public sector and managed services. As a member of the team, you will work with inspiring, ambitious and supportive people who have diverse and extensive skills, experience and backgrounds. A move to Risk Advisory will help you to build a rewarding and balanced career.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
You will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 141552