Market Data Operations Analyst
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 13 juil. 18 2018-07-13
Tradition is the interdealer broking arm of Compagnie Financière Tradition and one of the world's largest interdealer brokers in over-the-counter financial and commodity related products. CFT is represented in over 28 countries, employing over 2,500 people.
Tradition is currently seeking to appoint a Market Data Operations Analyst to be based within the London office.
Main responsibilities within the Market Data Operations Analyst position:
- Due to the release of new in house developed real-time market data distribution system, a new role has been created within the global Market Data Support team based in London.
- The team covers all aspects of market data infrastructure, market data customer support and full market data management.
- You will be responsible for operational aspects of data delivery and content management with a focus on automation, monitoring and customer service. You will be part of a team that will provide operational support to internal and external customers, ensure the integrity of data, information and advice on third-party market data applications and manage the entire market data provisioning process from front to back.
- This role requires a person to perform the fundamental tasks of Market Data Management, whilst gaining exposure to advanced real-time Market Data infrastructure.
Key skills and experience required in this role:
- Automating movement of files from A to B
- Management and maintenance of customer facing SFTP and HTTP servers and services
- Monitoring file transfers
- Troubleshooting file transfer issues
- Baseline infrastructure monitoring and troubleshooting such as disk space, CPU and memory utilisation
- Basic Linux command line skills to interrogate log files
- Basic Windows server skills to interrogate log files
- Basic SQL skills to query databases
- Market Data permission systems like DACS, EMRS and NFPV
- Classification of financial instruments (with guidance using pre-define criterion)
- Correlation and presentation of big data sets
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Independent, driven, self-motivated approach, with a strong eagerness to learn and grow along with the capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Be prepared to provide critical thinking on existing processes with a view to drive process improvements and deliver efficiency gains
- Proven ability to manage and build relationships, both internally with key business management and with external customers.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written) - the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently at a global level is paramount.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Focused and delivery-driven with ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task and prioritise appropriately in a fast moving and often evolving environment.
- Hands on approach required and willingness to take personal accountability
- Pragmatic decision making capability.
- Proficient in typical desktop tools including Microsoft Office to Excel VBA level.
- Have knowledge of Powershell or other scripting languages would be advantageous.
- Understand the basics of SQL and have the ability to write queries
- 8 hour day – shift between Mon to Fri - 06:30 – 18:30
- The role includes weekend on-call function as part of a team
- Will work out of hours when required