Our client is a Global Asset Manager based in the City of London who are recruiting a new member of their EMEA Market Research team. The team is responsible for conducting detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis that informs decision-making, enhances sales and marketing activity, strengthens client relationships and ultimately helps to differentiate the firm and their investment strategies in the marketplace.
- Monitors the competitive environment for manager departures, fund closures and other organisational changes that could present potential sales opportunities.
- Conducts rigorous, comparative analysis of competitors, institutional investment strategies and vehicles (SICAV, OEIC) using various third-party databases (eVestment, Morningstar Direct) to identify opportunities and threats, support efforts to win new business and defend existing client assets.
- Carries out regular and ad hoc analyses of market trends and the competitive environment and makes recommendations that lead to action.
- Monitors market trends by country and channel and identifies opportunities and threats. Synthesises data from a broad range of internal and external sources to deepen our understanding of investor need and behaviours in institutional and intermediary channels.
- Studies market trends and analyses fund flow and AUM patterns using third-party databases.
- Manages research projects or research-oriented work streams within broader projects. Presents findings to a variety of internal audiences.
- Supports ongoing strategic planning, business development and performance improvement efforts.
- Participates in go-to-market (GTM), country and channel-specific planning cycles throughout the year.
- Contributes data and insight, offers recommendations and challenges assumptions as appropriate. Partners with marketing and sales colleagues to develop and refine relevant KPIs to measure ongoing effectiveness and to encourage continuous improvement.
- Serves as subject matter expert and responds to inbound queries from distribution.
- Outstanding analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Solid understanding of products, markets and competitors in EMEA
- Proficiency with eVestment, and Morningstar Direct and advanced skills in Excel
- Experience covering institutional and intermediary channels
- Team-oriented and collaborative but can work autonomously
- Intellectually curious, creative thinker and problem solver
- Strong interpersonal, organisational, and time management skills