Market Research Associate - BRM Investor Development (12 month contract) - London
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws. Department overview:
This role of the Investor Development team within Fitch is to promote the agency's research among investors with a view to driving demand for Fitch Ratings and, in conjunction with the separate sales team, demand for Fitch research and related products.
The team is tasked with raising the profile of Fitch research and ratings commentary to all market constituents and encouraging a greater investor engagement with Fitch ratings, research, products and services. This increase in profile and engagement will be quantified by a broad range of metrics. Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will:
General responsibilities will include:
- Provide direct marketing support to the London-based Investor Relationship Managers, directly reporting into one of them.
- Maintain and direct content distribution and marketing (primarily via email) to appropriate audiences.
- Be responsible for list management for marketing campaigns and analyst virtual events.
- Develop and maintain presentation folders and pitch books.
- Run performance reports for the various marketing campaigns the Investor Team manages.
- Aid the Relationship Managers with follow-up to meetings and other outreach.
- Contribute generally to implementation of strategy for the Investor Development Team.
Qualifications and experience:
- Identifying pertinent research, preparing customised messages, and distributing targeted emails to the relevant investor audiences. Preparing detailed agendas and background material ahead of investor outreach meetings and tours.
- Writing marketing materials, pitch books and presentations with guidance of senior team members.
- Providing the Events team with lists of invitees for hosted client events, attending the events on the day as required and following up afterwards with any resulting enquiries for the IDT team.
- Providing support for other team members in the course of their outreach: preparing agendas for tours, materials for meetings, chasing attendees for events and entering information into the CRM database where required.
- Assisting in analysing and reporting readership of Fitch research.
- Maintaining the contact database and preparing activity reports periodically and for ad-hoc project requirements. Ensuring consistency in approach across the EMEA region in liaison with local IDT representatives and with other BRM teams.
- Previous experience in a marketing or business development role; financial services advantageous but not obligatory (ideally Corporate Access or similar)
The starting date for this position will be in Q4.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An interest in financial markets
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to a high standard.
- Working experience in data manipulation and financial data tools (Bloomberg, Ipreo, Markit, etc.)
- Solid numeracy skills
- Highly self-motivated: ability to generate ideas and demonstrate initiative, tenacity and perseverance, individually and within a team
- Ability to thrive under pressure and demonstrate flexibility to meet tight deadlines
- Thorough in project execution, with meticulous attention to detail
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp