Newly created role within the Market Risk function of an expanding firm focused on Oil & Gas Investing. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with existing Market Risk experience within the Oil & Gas industry to join a fast paced working enviroment that will provide a broad range of exposure within the Risk disclipline.
- Run end of day processes
- Validate deals, updates and ensure all market price risk is captured
- Construction of forward curves for MTM purposes
- Reconcile derivative positions and margin requirements
- Daily position/exposure monitoring and reporting
- Daily Pnl/VaR computation and validation against market movements
- Analysing exposure and MTM profit and loss on physical/derivative portfolios
- Produce daily commentary for traders to explain the change in trading profit and loss.
- Produce monthly/quarterly management reporting to explain profit and loss
- Reconciliations (eg between trading system and accounting system and JV profit and loss etc)
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures
- Support system and projects related to risk management
Skills & Qualifications
- At least 3 years of working experience in the Oil and Gas trading industry essential
- Bachelor's Degree/Professional Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking/ Mathematics/Statistics or equivalent
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Excellent Communications/Interpersonal skills
- Meticulous and good team player
- Understanding of physical commodities and derivatives markets an advantage
- High degree of proficiency in Excel VBA and other Microsoft applications.
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003