Market Risk Manager AVP or VP
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18040324
Market Risk Manager AVP or VP
Competitive Salary Offered Job Purpose:
The Risk Manager for EMEA Spread Products provides independent risk oversight of ICG's Global Spread Product activities in EMEA. The primary responsibility for this role is to focus on the EMEA) structured and securitized business activities (ABS trading, CLO and repacks trading), and provide support to senior risk manager on flow and macro trading business coverage (single name bond and CDS, index product trading) as well as regional support and oversight of enhanced risk management governance framework for UK legal entities. The candidate will also have to work closely with US team on CCAR and UK/EU regulatory (stress testing) deliverables as well work with US peers covering key product lines within global spread products business (e.g. Flow / Index trading, Structured and Securitized products). Job Background/context:
A critical member of a 4-persons team covering EMEA activities of global spread products with focus on securitized and structured activities, flow and index macro flow trading and responsibility for regional support of UK legal entity risk management oversight. Key Responsibilities:
- Work with trading desk to ensure that all relevant market risk factors are properly identified and formally captured in official risk systems
- Develop and maintain an appropriate independent market risk limits framework with applicable limits and triggers in cooperation with senior market risk manager
- Independently monitor business compliance with the firm's market risk-related policies
- Review and recommend approval for new transactions, providing transaction support and guidance on risk issues during product development, in particular for transactions with potential reputational and franchise risks
- Oversee risk exposure measurement and limit monitoring processes to ensure integrity and appropriate independence of reporting. Work closely with Volcker office in reviewing and validating risk data and Volcker metrics as appropriate and seek explanations for unusual or material trading activity as warranted by various Volcker metrics.
- Involvement in maintenance and update of the desk permitted product lists (PPLs) and providing senior risk manager support in reviewing market risk limit exceptions and pre-approval for large, illiquid or complex trade requests.
- Actively participate in the development of business-level stress testing that properly considers risk concentrations by single issuer, risk rating, sector/industry and geography; review results and determine appropriate follow-up actions in close cooperation and coordination with senior risk manager. Involved in analyzing, validating and ensuring the proper reporting of regular internal and regulatory stress testing results (GSST, CCAR, PRA, etc.
- Improve the transparency of key trading risk exposures to senior business and Risk management
- Frequently interact with Product Control on issues relating to pricing, price verification, PAA (profit analysis and attribution) and market value adjustments
- Actively participate in the ongoing development, implementation and upgrade of risk systems
- Develop and enhance market risk governance and monitoring and escalation processes around offshore usage of UK legal entity. Working with regional risk managers to establish appropriate triggers and limits for such activity on UK legal entity
- Actively participate in understanding and explaining key drivers of the Basel III RWA and provide support to business to understand how these are calculated and derived
By being exposed to the wide range of financial instruments traded across these desks, the role will enable the successful candidate to get a deeper understanding of the markets in which these products trade while at the same time gaining direct exposure to traders, Research, Finance and Technology in addition to many other areas of Risk Management.
Qualifications Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Good understanding of markets and market characteristics, such as pricing, market liquidity and market volatility, across a broad range of financial instruments
- Prior experience in either a risk management or trading role is an advantage
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills, focus on accuracy and diligence.
- Sound computing skills essential, prior programming and/or database management experience is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills given the need for frequent interaction with peers in NY and London and other control functions.
- Readiness to use initiative and work with limited supervision
- Ability to work well in groups and flexibility in addressing a number of projects simultaneously
- Willingness to resolve conflicts and work well under pressure
- Ability to evaluate both strategic and tactical issues related to the business
- An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a quantitative or financial discipline.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success. Closing Date: 08 July 2019