- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Credit Suisse -
- 19 juin 18
Market Risk Manager # 111534
The Risk Division is a highly visible, dynamic area of the firm where you can be an integral part of the decision making that supports the bank's business. Our responsibilities range from Enterprise Risk management to risk and finance reporting, and regional risk teams covering the risk management for our entities. The Risk division's long-term success depends on our ability to achieve our vision and fulfil our mandate. Ultimately, this depends on the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment that offers direct contact with senior management and encourages leadership at all levels.
The role is for an experienced Quantitative Market Risk Manager in the Market Risk Management team responsible for the Global Markets Credit, comprising of Global Credit Products and Securitized Products.
The desk is a specialized function that has a broad and expanding mandate that primarily includes originating, pricing and market making Corporate Credit and Asset backed products, including Asset Financings. Additionally the desk manages a dynamic macro-hedging capital optimization effort focused on market and credit risk. Thus prior experience in any of these areas is a definite advantage.
Key role responsibilities include:
Market Risk Management
- Capture, monitor and understand all material risks in the portfolio and ensure these are reported accurately. Reviewing market risk positions, particularly under potential risk scenarios, and raise challenges to the desk if necessary.
- Liaising closely with the businesses to understand market trends and to report exposure under different market conditions. Monitor underlying market conditions, liquidity issues and potential macro as well as idiosyncratic event risks.
- Ensure detailed understanding of all P&L and Risk drivers.
- Develop scenarios to control and understand tail risk exposures.
- Review and approve new complex transactions: reviewing risks related to non-standard or structured trades and new products. Collaborating with the business and other support functions to determine the nature and size of risks and ensure they are within the firm's risk appetite.
- Design and implementation of suitable risk management frameworks. Helping enhance our risk management capabilities.
- Understand how Trading view, price and manage risk.
- Maintain close communication with Trading and Quant teams.
- Provide effective challenge of trading risk, hedging strategies and methodologies.
- Ensure rapid reporting of risk limits to Trading and Market Risk/Trading Management and adherence to those limits.
- Contributing to the development of the risk team and to the positive work environment. Partner with various other functions to devise suitable business strategy for capital optimization and identify gaps in risk system and work with business analyst and IT teams for system enhancement, development and testing.
- Develop deep understanding of valuation models and regulatory capital rules.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- She/he will have a post graduate level education in a numerate subject or equivalent work experience. A MSc (or PhD) would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong technical knowledge of Credit products and understanding of Financial Mathematical techniques, Risk Measures, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, and/or practical experience of Python/C++/VBA etc.
- Experience working in a relevant field (e.g. risk management, trading, structuring). Experience in Credit Products and/or Securitized Products would be ideal.
- You will have deep knowledge of derivatives across multiple asset classes and familiarity of their Market Risk profiles.
- The ability to rapidly grasp, apply and explain detailed technical concepts.
- You will be able to take ownership of key responsibilities, and be a problem solver.