Material Buyer - EU
DESCRIPTION At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history and the good news is we've only just begun.
OpsTech IT supply chain team is accountable to manage all IT infrastructure and end user equipment deployed across Amazon Fulfillment facilities globally. The team is responsible to provide end to end solution for this equipment that includes lifecycle management, change control, capital/demand planning, material management, RMA & liquidation. Our initiatives deliver on the solutions that power the physical fulfillment of our customers' orders. This includes management of new site launches across the globe that directly supports shipping packages to millions of Amazon.com customers across the world.
As Supply Chain Manager, you will manage purchasing operations for IT hardware and services for Europe region. This position falls under the material management vertical of OpsTech IT supply chain team. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional partners to deliver value to the customer, meeting the scope, budget and timeline of the effort. Projects will be in disparate geographic locations, and require strong communication skills to coordinate onsite and remote work with teams across the globe.
- Manage PR / PO process for IT needs across the region.
- Communicate forecast to suppliers, verify fulfillment and on time delivery.
- Main point of contact for material issues both internal and external with suppliers.
- Have a strong understanding of bill of material concept, processes and general discipline.
- Understand key forecast inputs, trends and downstream impact on materials / availability.
- Support all devices through NPI to end of life, establishing material strategies to support warranty requirements even beyond end of manufacturing.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams and suppliers to implement strategic solutions to continually improve our material management processes.
- Work closely with US / global suppliers to proactively eliminate shortages, as required.
- Be responsible for monthly / quarterly metric reporting.
- Both domestic and international travel may be required.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS Basic Qualifications:
- 5+ years of material planning experience, either in purchasing, inventory or sourcing.
- Experienced with ERP / MRP systems.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- Experienced working with MS office & Excel.
- Excellent project management, coordination and planning skills.
- Excellent data reporting and written communication skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Supply chain.
- Material planning experience of working with suppliers of IT devices.
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, problem solve, handle multiple tasks and prioritize daily responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of SQL, Tableau and other business intelligence platform.
- Demonstrate flexibility to adapt quickly to departmental changes and conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to senior leadership, peers and team members.
- Ability to implement and document processes.
- Supply Chain certification.