Metric Monitoring Group Analyst - Corporate and Investment Banking - United Kingdom
Summary of the key purpose of the role:
• Follow and comment UK PnL and Risk.
• Produce KPI for UK trading desk.
• Perform daily controls (validation, KPI...) .
• Handle specific requests from management
• Work on regulatory topics for UK desks: Volker, French Banking Law
During your VIE mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities:
• Comment MARK UK PnL and risk
• KPI Production to the local MMG and MARK management
• Work closely with management and regulators to understand new requirements of reportings
• Work with some partners ROCS and RISQ OPE for the building of some controls
• Report on a timely basis and escalate issues to management at the appropriate time including all metrics under monitoring and oversight scope
• Work with Analyst s teams in Paris and numerous teams within the bank
• Able to built a macro in a short period of time
• Comply with fighting back controls
Profile required The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering school or University, majoring in Finance.
A previous experience in Investment Banking would be appreciated.
You are fluent in English.
You are proficient in Office application
At Société Générale, you will be joining the Risk department. Its job is to contribute to the development of Société Générale's business and profitability by defining the Group's appetite for risk, in liaison with the Finance department and the core businesses. The Risk department is also responsible for implementing the system used to control and monitor risks.
Metric Monitoring Group (MMG) Department role are to strengthen their expertise in the analysis of results and risks and increase their proximity with trading activities. MMGs major stakes is to meet the regulatory challenges, accompany the development of the business lines . Ultimately, MMG task is to ensure that MARK, RISQ and DFIN are able to carry out their respective roles within a carefully-controlled risk and cost management structure.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.