Mortgage Oversight Officer
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 14 juin 18 2018-06-14
Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the company's global banking and global markets businesses.
We offer a number of excellent career opportunities designed to attract and retain all skill levels - a chance for both personal and professional development as well as a salary and benefit package designed to reflect the individual's contribution.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
You will provide third party vendor oversight and governance mentorship to activities for mortgage servicing and credit collections. This includes assessments of credit decisions referred by the third party vendor within agreed SLA's, conducting file audits, business analysis and project support to regulatory change
- Assess cases referred from third party vendor and take action as appropriate
- Review and recommend action on sensitive borrowers matters
- Contribute to audits internal and external
- Support professional negligence claims
- Build collection strategies to maximise returns
- Assess critical metric information and assess actual results against expected
- Inspire change and support project developments
- Assess any proposed loan buy backs
- Ongoing performance reviews on key vendors to ensure they are operating to the optimal performance level
- Retrieval of documents in storage for any purpose
- Reconcile and handle 3rd party invoice payments
- Administration support to record the balances from deal bank accounts for quarterly interest payments
- Preparation of mortgage administration and specialist servicing invoicing
- Bank account oversight
- Providing support and mentorship on projects, providing SME analysis to change
- Monitor key vendor compliance to policies and service specifications
- Ensure vendors embrace updated policies through effective monitoring and reporting
- Ensure the vendor delivers on all key quality measures through an effective monitoring programme
- Apply TCF requirements to all areas and provide reporting to demonstrate ongoing compliance
- Interpretation and compliance to MCOB rules
What skills and competencies will you ideally possess?
- Deep understanding of mortgages
- Ability to analyse high volume/complex data using appropriate reporting tools and quickly identify trends/gaps leading to improvement recommendations
- A keen problem solver; with solid decision-making skills
- Understands complexities/sensitivities of 3rd party/vendor management process and able to act conclusively to resolve issues using correct tools and processes
- Can demonstrate ability to rationale decision on complex queries such as loan buy backs/sensitive cases/customer cases taking into account policy, corporate risk and impact assessment
- An eye for business (understanding what drives value) and financial management
- Excellent client relationship management
- Strategic experience
- You can influence at a senior level and be confident in decision-making process, challenge status quo, tenacious, diplomatic
- Can handle time effectively to ensure multiple priorities and workloads are handled appropriately within a dynamic, high-energy environment
- Can contribute to change control and continuous improvement
- Project management experience is helpful
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.