NAV Oversight Consultant
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
• Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
• We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
We are currently recruiting within Northern Trust's growing UK Fund Accounting team.
This team looks after more than 10% of all UK Authorised Funds for numerous Fund Management clients.
Within the Department the Funds are split by Client.
This role is for oversight of our offshore locations and services the clients' needs relating to the Net Asset Value (NAV) process. The successful applicant will have exposure to a range of products.
• Reviewing and approving daily valuations, prepared by our offshore location, on an exception basis
• Validating high impacting NAV exceptions already approved by Senior Analyst
• Assisting offshore location with Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge, daily valuations and query resolution (client, internal stakeholders)
• Reviewing cash, stock, FX, derivative position reconciliations against custody/third parties with appropriate escalation to resolution
• Overseeing monthly deliverables produced by offshore. To include but not limited to: equity and bond yields, OCFs, motive and circumstance, Management fee invoice calculations, capital/income apportionments, performance fees
• Managing query resolution with the client, internally and with trustees/depositaries
• Delivering a quality service to our clients aligned to set KPI's
• Working alongside the Client Service team to review MI, attend Monthly Service reviews and delivery to client
• Covering Team Leader in their role and responsibilities
• Participating in client due diligence and compliance meetings
• Participating on small projects for client change
• Composing Incident write-ups in advance of Manager signoff The ideal postholder should possess a fair amount of the following qualifications:
• Prior experience in Fund Accounting role
• Prior experience working on a global team
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to achieve the multiple daily deadlines for client deliverables.
• Numerical and computer literacy (including spreadsheet skills) - (i.e. Excel, Outlook, TLM and Invest One)
• Demonstrated knowledge of the FCA regulations pertaining to Unit Trusts, Mutual Funds, OEICs and all the above mentioned fund types i.e. COLL.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills for liaising with other members of their team including other Internal Departments, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors, offshore locations and the Fund Management Companies to which we provide a service. Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance -
Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing -
Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development -
Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.