Newton, Senior Business Analyst
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- BNY Mellon
- 24 sept. 17
Newton, Senior Business Analyst
Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure its clients' futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges the clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense - through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton's parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £54.5bn (as at 31 March 2017) including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Capital Management Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newton.co.uk and via Twitter: @NewtonIM
Newton employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful and collaborative. They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to clients. Newton pride themselves on being an employer of choice, with a flexible working environment and a commitment to diversity and opportunity among its employees.
Newton is a professional, friendly and collegiate place to work. The firm looks to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organisation a great place to work.
Newton runs a large number of projects of varying sizes at any one time. These can be business only projects or technology projects, but typically it will be a mixture of both. Newton also works on a number of smaller initiatives, outside of the project structures. Most of this work requires business analysis input.
Newton have a team of between 5 and 15 Business Analysts at any one time, who are allocated work based on priorities, skills and availability. Our Business Analysts work closely with our business, projects and technology teams as well as groups within BNY Mellon and external parties.
The business analyst is expected to work with the business to understand, define and document requirements, produce a variety of project documentation / specifications, and interact effectively with all levels of staff across Newton, whether technical, operational or the rest of the business. Experience of performance attribution, knowledge of the performance business process and systems would be beneficial.
This role will report to the Business Analyst Team leader.
- To liaise with senior stakeholders within the business and technology
- The ability to work with SMEs to gather the requirements, document them, design changes to business processes and to implement the requirements within the Newton project framework
- The ability to consider business requirements from a company perspective to ensure that they are appropriate and that they are consistent with Newton's strategic plans
- Core business analysis roles:
- Co-ordinate and hold requirements and process definition workshops with the business
- Accountable for performing current state analysis
- Accountable for performing in depth business analysis
- Accountable for writing detailed, accurate business and functional requirements or user stories
- Participate in agile scrums
- Assist in the production of test cases and performing system testing where required
- Assist with the implementation of any system, process, controls or procedural changes in line with the project deliverables
- Manage stakeholder expectations gaining an insight into requirements and priorities
- To work with the stakeholders on the smooth deployment and adoption of regulatory initiatives
- Facilitate change to BAU procedures
- Ensure all processes and procedures developed and implemented as a part of the project are accurately documented.
- Ensure that the Project Manager is kept informed about the status of assigned projects and tasks
- Ensure an active participation in all appropriate forums, whether internal or external
- Ensure the requirements of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) are embedded within the role
- Ensure existing conventions are challenged at all appropriate opportunities, identifying improvements and analysing and documenting them regardless of the ultimate outcome. Ensure nobody 'just does what they always did'.
- Other duties as assigned
- Solid and extensive business analysis experience
- Full project life-cycle experience
- Experience of performance attribution
- Extensive experience and knowledge of working in Asset Management
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of asset classes
- Proven experience of the full trade order life cycle
- Experience of working with a range of stakeholders from both Business and technology
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to liaise effectively with personnel at all levels
- Logical and analytical approach, with the ability to perform structured analysis and solve complex concepts / issues
- Demonstrable accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrable knowledge of different project life cycles: waterfall, agile
- Ability to think strategically and understand the implications of proposed business changes to an environment with multiple systems
- Ability to work independently and ensure successful delivery of assigned tasks
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to challenge the status quo and suggest viable alternatives
- Experience of working on large programmes of change an advantage
- Good technical literacy and understanding of databases; ability to navigate data structures via SQL queries
- Understanding of relevant technologies used by the development team
- Must be degree educated or have a recognised business professional qualification
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51066
Requisition Number: 1709222