OCIO, Outsourcing Solutions Director
Description About this role BlackRock Outsourcing Solutions
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Description
: Team Overview
The Outsourcing Solutions Team within Global Client Services was established in Q2 2020 to support the increasing number of clients approaching BlackRock for outsourced investment solutions, and is now looking for an additional team member based in London. The team partners with the Multi Asset Strategies & Solutions (MASS) team and the Client Businesses to understand BlackRock's outsourcing propositions for clients and design operating models for these clients. The team works closely with colleagues across Tech & Ops to ensure that these operating models are designed in a way that ensures there is sufficient scale to onboard new clients and a robust service model is delivered for all clients. The team's collective knowledge of BlackRock's operating environment is leveraged to understand both Wealth and Institutional client requirements. Role Responsibility
Primary objectives of the Outsourcing Solutions Team:
Experience and Skills
- Partner with the Sales functions to understand early stage pipeline opportunities. The pipeline review includes delivering cost & headcount analysis when considering new opportunities. Outsourcing Solutions assesses the potential impact of these opportunities to existing Tech and Ops functions and works with these functions and Sales to ensure that BlackRock is offering solutions that are scalable, repeatable and profitable.
- Play a key role in designing, documenting and implementing operating models required by clients who are provided an outsourced solution by BlackRock. They work closely with functions across Tech & Ops to develop the technology and operational processes and ensure these are implemented smoothly and effectively.
- Fully leverage internal networks, BlackRocks technology and industry expertise to deliver a first class client experience
- Build strong relationships across the organization by listening carefully to our internal stakeholders and working hard to deliver for the firm
The successful candidate will exhibit the following set of experiences and skills
- Experience in the investment management industry is highly desirable
- Knowledge of the different participants in the fund management business and their roles - fund managers, administrators, brokers, consultants and custodians
- Track record of building and maintaining relationships with senior stakeholders
- Knowledge of BlackRock's internal processes, products and fund structures is a plus
- Experience launching investment management products is desirable
- Experience directly or indirectly supporting institutional clients is desirable
- Flexibiity, willingness to research and propose ideas, and ability to design solutions
- Confidence to form and deliver a clear opinion with explanation and documentation of your rationale
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver on projects
- Strong operational risk control and mitigation mentality
- Strong client management skills and service philosophy
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to operate effectively to tight deadlines and comfortable working under pressure
- Proficiency in independently prioritizing own work
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Desire to constantly be learning
- Relevant degree preferred
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.