Operational Task Manager, Specialized Electronic Tading Infrastructure – Core Infrastructure – Associate
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 mai 18 2018-05-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley’s Enterprise Networks Services Operations team is looking for Operational Task Manage to join their highly accomplished team.
The Operational Task Manager is responsible for the complete Operational lifecycle management of both short and long term delivery, including but not limited to the planning, coordinating, implementation and tracking of a specific deliverables.
In addition, the Operation Task Manager will be responsible for managing delivery across internal teams and third-party contractors/ consultants as well as be able to identify, assess and escalate issues in order to minimize potential project risks. You will be also responsible for driving process efficiency, managing delivery via offshore partners, and on-going development of deployment practices including the Permit to Operate / Change Management processes.
- Strong Network Technologies experience, preferably in a Financial Services environment.
- Strong Technical Project Management/Task Management/Delivery Management experience.
- Experience of High Performance/Low Latency Trading Environments
- Must have excellent project scheduling and estimation skills
- Experience of the following:
- Project Scope Definition
- Creation of detailed execution plans
- Calculation of resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete project delivery
- Production of agreed Project Schedules s
- Project reviews with Stakeholders
- Project documentation
- Project Reporting
- Negotiation of work windows
- Matrix-management of core project team
- Operational Acceptance Testing (OATS) practices.
- Creation of Management reports and Presentations
- Creation of Technical Documentation
- BU Communication
- Production of precise, accurate and timely meeting documentation to fulfil audit and regulatory requirements
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Project
- Strong organizational skills, customer service focus, attention to detail, and process orientation
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to distil and present information to business community in non-technical terminology
- Business analysis skills, with the ability to forecast implications and provide consultative recommendations and solutions
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage operational lifecycle
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.#LI-JM1