PM Group CDO Execution Board Function, AVP
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
The Group CDO function comprises of Group Data Governance, Group Data Quality & Control, Group Data Architecture & Strategy, Group Data Usage & Analytics, and Group Referential & Transactional Domain Expertise functions and a newly created Group CDO Execution Board Function. These areas will oversee and support 13 divisional and functional CDOs in the execution of data management.
Group CDO is establishing a team of Project Management and Subject Matter Experts to monitor, review and challenge the progress of divisions and functions in delivering their associated data roadmaps across the whole of Credit Suisse Group (SUB, IWM, GM, IBCM, APAC, CFO, CRO, GBSS, HR, etc.). This will be achieved through ongoing assessment of the completeness of divisional and functional roadmaps, including the progress of Data Quality issue remediation, Group CDO tooling and capability roadmaps and Major Data Initiative roadmaps. The successful candidate will help to build the newly created Group CDO Execution Board function. This function will have to report on data management plans and progress across the bank to the ExB and to the Regulators.
The individual will work collaboratively with MD and Dir levels across the divisions and functions as well as the Group CDO management team. This role will require the individual to help to build and maintain the governance of the Execution Board function (reporting, metrics, RAIDs, etc.) Key elements of the role will include:
- Coordinate to build and sustain adequate governance for the newly created Group CDO Execution Board function.
- Work with members of the 13 divisional/functional CDO teams to monitor the plan/roadmap build out and execution progress.
- Establish close partnership with the divisions and functions and apply challenge if required to ensure Group CDO Policies, Standards and Frameworks are adhered to.
- Production of supporting material e.g. creation of packs, RAID logs, minutes etc.
- Identify/establish/validate controls to ensure appropriate quality of plans, RAIDs, achievements.
- Follow up of risks/issues and appropriate escalation paths to CDOs or Group CDO Management Team (MD and Dir levels)
- Facilitate business partners through decisions, consulting them, influencing and resolving conflicts
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Project Management skills with strong experience within Investment Banking
- Attention to detail without losing the big picture and are able to switch between the two perspectives
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to break down problems into component parts to aid resolution discussions
- Significant experience in developing and implementing a BAU Programme Office
- Proficiency in Excel, Power Point (advance) and MS project.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to discuss complex topics across all levels in the organization
- Ambitious, hardworking individual who can motivate teams anywhere in the organization. High level of integrity, work ethic, sense of urgency and quality standards
- Organized and can logically work through multiple moving components and be able to eventually bring them all together for upward management reporting
- The skill to obtain senior business partner engagement to drive the organization towards data management improvements
- Experience in Reference/Transaction Data is desirable
- Preferred certification - PMP / Prince2, Agile, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.