Our client is a multi-strategy real estate investment manager with an excellent performance record across the UK and Europe. They are seeking a part-qualified or finalist-level Accountant to join their Finance team on a permanent basis, in a role which offers excellent opportunities for internal progression. The ideal candidate will be from a financial services or public practice background and be keen to develop a career within the real estate investment space.
- Processing monthly managing agent statements.
- Posting journals to the general ledger and preparing management accounts.
- Assisting with year end audit requests.
- Liaising with third party managing agents.
- Working capital analysis and payments.
- Receiving and processing all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment.
- Reconciling purchase ledger accounts to supplier statements.
- Assisting with maintaining cashbooks.
- Reconciling credit card statements.
- Part qualified/finalist, studying towards ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualification or equivalent.
- Strong record of academic performance across A Levels and university.
- Previous experience in the accounting function of a financial services (private equity, real estate, asset management, etc) or public practice firm.
- Previous real estate or funds exposure is beneficial but not a necessity.
- Must have a 'can-do,' hands-on attitude and the ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team.
- A strong communicator, with the confidence to communicate regularly with senior stakeholders.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, contact Samantha van Staden quoting reference SVS51207.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. If you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.