Payments, Cash and Clearing Officer
- Salaire : Competitive
- Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
- Entreprise : Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Mise à jour le : 15 août 18
QNB Group, the biggest bank in Qatar, and a leading financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, is looking to hire a Payments, Cash and Clearing Officer, to meet the requirements of the expansion of its office in QNB - UK//London.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies now extends to more than 30 countries across 3 continents, providing a comprehensive range of products and services. The total number of staff is more than 28,000 operating from over 1200 locations.
You will be responsible for providing timely and accurate authorization of outward and inward remittance requests including salary transfers, process clearing and collections activities (inward/outward) and post-dated cheques (PDCs) for the Group's retail, corporate and governmental clientele in the UK.
Conducting central cash activities such as servicing QNB branch requests for additional cash or transfer of cash from branches (including offsite ATMs and cash deposit machines) from / to the main vault. Ensure maintenance of adequate cash levels.
- Conduct daily balancing of the suspense/ transit accounts used for processing outward / inward remittance requests.
- Provide adequate and efficient remittance processing, bulk processing services (i.e. clearing/collection, salary transfers, post-dated cheques (PDCs) to internal customers including QNB domestic branches and thereby help them serve external customers including retail/corporate and government customers.
- Ensure any suspicious transactions identified are discussed and reported to the Head Compliance.
- Ensure all requests received during the day are completely, accurately and timely authorized within the prescribed TAT and that any pending items are identified and promptly attended to on the following day.
- Swift transfers - liaise with the help desk function for resolving SWIFT/tested telex related issues.
- Conduct the provision of central cash activities to provide transfer of cash from and to branches and thereby meet internal customer (QNB domestic branches) needs to enable them to serve external customers in a more efficient manner, resulting in increased external customer satisfaction levels.
- Perform daily balancing of the related suspense/ transit accounts used for processing outward/ inward remittance requests and notifying the Manager Central Operations of long outstanding transactions that have not yet been cleared for initiation.
- University graduate preferably with a Major in Marketing, Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or Information Technology (related field of study)
- Min 2 years of experience in various sub departments of Operations within a large bank
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Understanding of central cash operations/ activities and related processes.
- Developing knowledge of SWIFT related operations, including usage of SWIFT terminals, related codes and operation of tested telex.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV