Pension and Benefits Consultant
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Barclays UK
- 13 août 18 2018-08-13
Pensions and Benefits Consultant * Supporting the Director, UK Pensions in the application and delivery of global pensions financial reporting * Supporting UK pension governance committees and implementation of Barclays pension policies * Understanding UK pensions, and assisting with UK pension projects to manage the financial and governance impact of current and forthcoming pensions legislation on the Bank and its UK pension arrangements.
Pensions and Benefits Consultant
The role sits within the Pension and Benefits team which comprises a mixture of pensions professionals, dedicated to following best practice and ensuring that the members of Barclays' pension schemes around the World are well managed and provide members with a great experience. Key aspects of the role are:
- Supporting the Director, UK Pensions in the application and delivery of global pensions financial reporting
- Supporting UK pension governance committees and implementation of Barclays pension policies
- Understanding UK pensions, and assisting with UK pension projects to manage the financial and governance impact of current and forthcoming pensions legislation on the Bank and its UK pension arrangements.
- Assist with Barclays yearly and quarterly global pension accounting disclosures
- Act as an area of expertise in the operation of Barclays policies as they affect pension benefits for high earners and members who opt out in favour of cash
- Act as lead in relation to a small portfolio of money purchase schemes
- Provide secretariat services and governance expertise for BEST, a trust arrangement containing both non pension benefits and some small money purchase benefits
- Prepare pension disclosures for senior executives, related parties and subsidiaries
- Assist in the production of management reports for forecasting of pension costs
- Write regular update papers for pension governance committees
- Assist with pension aspects of annual flexible benefits scheme renewal, including testing and design review
- Relevant professional qualifications, either complete or studying fe.g. APMI (or equivalent)
- Strong knowledge and application of historic UK pensions legislation, regulatory requirements and development for DB and DC.
- Experience of project ownership and delivery to completion in a fast paced environment while driving collaborative working across teams.
- Self-motivated and proactive with excellent excel and data handling skills.
- Ability to innovate and challenge current practice with the aim of striving for excellence.
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to draft member communications covering complex issues in a straightforward way
- Knowledge of data management, IT change processes, risk and control environment, pension administration practice/processes and 3rd party supplier management.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.