Are you looking for a unique role bridging the social and financial sectors? Do you have a passion for philanthropy? Are you able to provide strategic advice to (U)HNW clients to help maximize their philanthropic impact? Do you have an understanding of the banking sector? We’re looking for someone to join our team as a Philanthropy Advisor for a 12-month period.
Reporting to the Head of Social Impact UK, you will be the primary interface for all client related enquires on philanthropy in the United Kingdom.
As a Philanthropy Advisor you will:
- Support the development and implementation of philanthropy services for the UK across all relevant client segments
- Advise and work with clients to develop and implement a strategic giving plan and drive commercial / social results from the UBS Philanthropy Services offering
- Position key in-house philanthropy solutions, in particular UBS Philanthropy Advisory, UBS Donor Advised Fund (DAF) and UBS Optimus Foundation programs
- Lead bespoke client workshops on topics such as: developing a philanthropic strategy, identifying opportunities, and measuring impact.
- Educate Client Advisors to promote the philanthropy offering by leading internal trainings
- Resume responsibility for operational fundraising processes, such as client engagement reporting (donor reports) and promoting fundraising campaigns
- Position the UBS Philanthropy Services within the UK landscape through active participation and representation at events
- Develop new product ideas for client engagement and assesses new donor channels/markets
UBS Philanthropy Services is a unique, award-winning offering that partners with clients and their families to maximize their philanthropic impact. We provide comprehensive advice, insight experiences, and execution services, and employ an investment-based approach to deliver solutions to pressing social and environmental issues.
Your experience and skills
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the social, impact or business sector
- A strong passion and understanding of philanthropy
- Proven client-facing and business development skills
- The ability to get up to speed on issues quickly, comfortable working in an international environment with all three: UHNW clients, nonprofit partners and UBS bank colleagues alike
- A desire to work in a dynamic, cooperative environment in which there is an emphasis on teamwork, adaptability, implementation and continuous learning and improvement.
- Ideally an understanding of the banking sector
- An excellent communicator, with convincing presentation skills, comfortable interacting with colleagues across functions at all seniority levels on very different topics
- A proactive and well-organized self-starter who can manage multiple projects at once
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Able to work under pressure, handling complex situations and relationships, delivering against tight deadlines, whilst maintaining a high attention to detail
What we offer
Impact. We are at a unique interface between the social and the financial sector and the possibility to drive real social impact and innovation. Team. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We’ll value your passion and commitment.