Portfolio Analyst - Rates
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are looking to add a Portfolio Analyst to our London based team. The Portfolio Analyst is based on the Trade Floor and supports the European Rates Desk and Generalist Team. The Portfolio Analyst must build solid internal relationships and partnerships with Portfolio Management , Account Management and Compliance teams in the firm's Global Offices. The role frequently interacts with Account Management, Product Management, Legal and Compliance and Operations.
This position is ideal for a professional who is early in their career or has Internship experience within a similar position. Responsibilities of the role include:
The Portfolio Analyst will work closely with the European Rates Portfolio Managers and Traders.
Position Requirements: Position Requirements:
- Generating trades for flow hedging, cash management and restructurings
- Generating trade execution studies across a set of mandates or products in accordance with investment guidelines and benchmarks
- Providing Portfolio summaries
- Portfolio monitoring
- Performance and attribution analysis in addition to other requested analytics
- Building of new reports for risk monitoring
- Monitoring client portfolio positioning versus client guidelines and internal risk limitations
- Re-balancing of portfolios to model/target weights
- Ensuring pre- and post-trade compliance for client mandates
- Working with traders to roll the firmwide EUREX Futures book and Interest Rate Swap book
- Advanced Abilities with Excel and Bloomberg essential.
- Ability to program in one or more language(s) would be an advantage
- VBA, SQL, Python experience
- Able to understand and write VBA macros
- Strong technical skills in Fixed Income
- Ability to interact and communicate flawlessly with experienced Portfolio Managers to articulate ideas and strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build strong relationships with Portfolio Managers and across departments
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization to resolve issues
- Outstanding analytical skills with strong problem solving skills
- Proven ability to operate efficiently in a high pressure environment and to deliver towards tight deadlines
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office