Portfolio Analytics – Associate
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 juin 18 2018-06-20
See job description for details
Portfolio Analytics – Associate – 3113689
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley. We provide fund administration services to the leading hedge funds of the world. With over $280billion in Assets under Administration, the division employs over 800 professionals globally, with offices in New York, Dublin, London, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Glasgow and Bangalore.
The Portfolio Analytics group within Morgan Stanley Fund Services focuses on helping clients to understand their performance and to monitor and manage the risk of their portfolios. The group leverages proprietary technology, various data sets and models, and the group’s quantitative expertise to deliver innovative products and be an integral part of the firm’s service offering to its hedge fund clients.
The Analytics group is looking for an individual to join the client service team. In this role, the individual will be expected to take responsibility for supporting the group’s analytics offerings and managing relationships for a number of the firm’s hedge fund clients. This individual will also be asked to aid in the sales process and to work with the technology team in further enhancing the product. Key areas of responsibility include:
• Support hedge fund clients in their use of our proprietary web based performance and risk applications, and to consult with clients on internal/external reporting
• Consult with clients on internal/external reporting, including sharing information on industry trends
• Collaborate with the development teams to resolve issues or develop new features within the team’s proprietary web tools
• Support the sales process, including preparing demo materials and directly participating in sales pitches
Skills required (essential)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a quantitative / economics discipline.
• Previous relevant professional experience gained within a quantitative or financial engineering role.
• Strong understanding in finance, portfolio analysis, statistics & technology.
• Ability to analyze the risk and performance of investments at both a security and portfolio level, and to understand the results both quantitatively and qualitatively. Common financial instruments include equity swaps, future, and options, bonds, and foreign currency forwards.
• Strong capabilities to communicate clearly both in written work and in verbal presentations, both externally with clients and with internal stakeholders.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel; Bloomberg; VBA; object oriented programming; statistical scripting language including C++, R, Python or Matlab.
• Ability to sift through and analyze large data sets programmatically.
The Salary for this role is Competitive.
The closing date for applications is 29/06/2018.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.