Portfolio Management Assistant - Global Emerging Markets Equity
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 22 nov. 17 2017-11-22
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Business Unit Overview:
The Global Emerging Markets team within Fundamental Active Equity (FAE) is responsible for US$7 billion across various pooled and segregated accounts. The team consists of 10 Fund Manager/Analysts and 1 Graduate supported by 8 Product Specialists and 3 Portfolio Management Assistants. The team has an outstanding track record of generating alpha in all market conditions.
The PMA team provides support to the Global Emerging Markets (GEMs) Portfolio Management team with specific responsibility for all operational and control functions within the Investment process.
- Implementation of equity, derivative & FX orders across a range of active strategies and partner with trading desks to target efficient execution of these strategies
- Manage cash flow activity and overall cash allocations through derivative equitization, basket orders, and single-stock transactions
- Execute FX hedging strategies
- Monitor FAE funds to ensure investment strategy objectives are being implemented optimally across applicable accounts
- Produce daily, periodic and ad hoc reporting and analytics to support the investment teams’ processes using Aladdin tools (Prism, PRT, Impact, etc.) and vendor systems (Factset, Bloomberg)
- Be an Aladdin "super-user" and facilitate training and usage within the investment teams
- Harness Big Data – work with PM and product strategist teams to produce and automate tactical data and reporting solutions
- Manage enquiries on behalf of the FAE investment team and resolve issues by escalating matters to relevant parties including operations, compliance and RQA in a timely fashion
- Work closely with the product strategists to ensure smooth on-boarding and account activation for all new mandates
- Leverage PAG/APT relationship to migrate existing tactical solutions onto Aladdin platform
- Act as project manager for all strategic reporting, research and analytical projects. Coordinate across stakeholder teams (PAG, APT, Tactical Solutions, etc.) to ensure all projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Ad hoc, platform related project tasks to assist business-unit executives (COO/CIO/CAO), business managers, heads of research, and other senior-level leaders
- Be a student of the markets and become an essential player in the investment teams’ generation of alpha
- Work within the GEMs PMA structure to identify best practices; participating in projects to improve processes and data quality
- Exposure to other investment teams such as Asia Pacific, Global Equities and Natural Resources.
- Understand the structure and working practices of Hedge Funds across the teams.
- Development of BlackRock’s in-house portfolio management tools
- Keen interest in equity and swap instruments and international markets
- Knowledge of Hedge Funds an advantage
- Strong process-oriented background including introduction of controls & procedures. Able to demonstrate keen awareness of Operational risk issues
- Advanced level skills in Excel required
- Knowledge of coding language - Python/R/Matlab
- Knowledge of external vendor systems - Bloomberg, Factset, EIKON an advantage
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Possess high level communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment, professionalism and discretion
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Work and deliver under minimal supervision
- Proven ability to constantly evaluate systems, processes and procedures for inefficiencies, making recommendations for improvement.